blackxr50 Member 65 Member For: 15y 9m 30d Posted 26/11/12 01:35 AM Posted 26/11/12 01:35 AM hi guys I I recently got my car tuned by blue power, it mad good power and was running 14 psibut the past week the car is lacking power, I looked at my boost gauge and every time I boot it it only goes to 8 psi and won't go over ,I preformed the boost solenoid maintenance but no difference can anyone help me on where the problem might occur from :(
GTEXXED Banned Banned 910 Member For: 14y 2m 8d Gender: Male Posted 26/11/12 01:40 AM Posted 26/11/12 01:40 AM What cat is it running and have you checked piping for boost leaks?The factory joiner at throttle body is known to split quite often on F series.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 26/11/12 01:56 AM Posted 26/11/12 01:56 AM any vibrations when accelerating? does it accelerate smoothly? have you connected your xcal to check for codes?have you done anything since the tune apart form the boost solenoid clean?
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/11/12 02:07 AM Posted 26/11/12 02:07 AM Check the hose clamps for loose hoses? Not unheard off where mechanics don't tighten them up enough Recently had an episode with my radiator hose clamp on a different car I took in for service after they did a radiator flush - hose came off after 2 days of driving
blackxr50 Member 65 Member For: 15y 9m 30d Posted 26/11/12 02:33 AM Author Posted 26/11/12 02:33 AM How do I check if the piping has a boost leak? I dunno how to use the sct tuner to check for faults also is it safe to drive :(
blackxr50 Member 65 Member For: 15y 9m 30d Posted 26/11/12 02:38 AM Author Posted 26/11/12 02:38 AM The car accelerate smoothly but as I said on boosting to 8 psi
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 26/11/12 02:47 AM Posted 26/11/12 02:47 AM just plug it in and follow the prompts on the screen. Its not hard.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 26/11/12 02:54 AM Posted 26/11/12 02:54 AM Are you flattening the accelerator pedal or just gradually increasing the amount of pressure your foot applies.. ? Usually they only hit full boost at WOT..
blackxr50 Member 65 Member For: 15y 9m 30d Posted 26/11/12 03:53 AM Author Posted 26/11/12 03:53 AM Foot to the floor n on goes up to 8 psi
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 26/11/12 03:58 AM Posted 26/11/12 03:58 AM You aren't providing enough info. No one on here will be able to tell you exactly what is wrong no matter how many times you repeat it and even then we would be only guessing.There have been a couple of suggestions made but if you aren't comfortable to diagnose them or even use the flash tuner then you need to find someone that is.How about giving your tuner a call? 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now