Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hervey Bay
Posted

Hi , I have a problem with my MAP sensor Volt reading. A fault code inspired me to get to the bottom of this. Fault code below :-

: P0108 - BARO Sensor : Sensor operating : * VREF shorted to : - VREF should be less :

: High Voltage Detected : voltage is greater : VWPR : than 6.0 volts. PID :

: : than 5.0 volts (VREF), : * BARO signal shorted : reading is in :

: : as a result it failed : to VPWR : frequency :

: : above maximum : * Damaged BARO sensor :

: : allowable calibrated : * Damaged PCM :

: : parameter. :

I originally thought MAP2 Sensor but seems they are $150+ dollars I thought I would start with checking Volt readings threw the 4 wires connecting to MAP2 switch.

I refereed to Repair manual for STD volt reading for test.

When the car is cold it should read 5960 Resistance Ohms & 4.3 Volts.

Green wire reads 5.5 Volts

Brown Wire Reads 5.0

Grey Wire Reads 2.0

Grey Wire Reads 2.2

What is causing this , what do I need to inspect next... Help

Kind Regards Dan

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Wow man good luck your gunna need it ............ Or just buy new ones

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hervey Bay
Posted

Obviously no one knows...?? I'll update this for any one else has this problem be a good reference

UPDATE: Auto Electrician say's "replace MAP2 Sensor"

Will UPDATE again when I replace & check to see if NEW sensor fix's issue

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 19d
Posted

This carries on from 38382727273 other threads this guy has started.

It's an NA converted to turbo. All problems arose from memory once turbo conversion was done

  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hervey Bay
Posted

This carries on from 38382727273 other threads this guy has started.

It's an NA converted to turbo. All problems arose from memory once turbo conversion was done

Close 48382727273 swap the 4 instead of the 3..... Then your on the pulse. Isn't a forum for asking questions.....Questions equall knowledge = power it goes universal on all facits of life but we are not all that unfortunate to not ask I guess. Sorry for your loss.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hervey Bay
Posted (edited)

Was the code bringing the engine light on? Is it tuned?

Nope no engine light. But with my Torque APP n bluetooth toggle plugged in brought up code(s)

Edited by FairlaneG
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 19d
Posted

We have all given you answers and ideas in your other threads and you fail to try them or take the car to an experienced tuner.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...