Will27111991 Member 4 Member For: 13y 11m 22d Posted 12/10/12 10:22 PM Author Posted 12/10/12 10:22 PM I look them up as well, thanks. I think the main thing to consider is cost versus benefit... Drop enough cash and any transmission will take it...The guy the car came from originally now has another F6 with over 750kw (holy crap). I wouldn't know for sure but I believe he still has the ZF in it, sent it all over the country for work. If its going to cost $10,000 to beef to the sh*t house, I'd rather use a $3500 C4 thatll take the same abuse and keep the $6500 for fuel.I've had quotes from $2900 to $10,000 to sort this out, the higher end of the scale is a joke, could buy something serious for less than the work. And none of the cheaper guys sound like they dont know anymore than I do. So it's good to hear these recommendations.They keep telling me it shoukd take it stock and just needs to be repaired, they look at the kw's an don't see a problem, none of them seem to understand that it's the torque that's tearing the thing in half
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 12/10/12 10:32 PM Posted 12/10/12 10:32 PM you will not get a c4 built to handle that power, fitted and operating in the car for $3500 2
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/10/12 12:07 AM Posted 13/10/12 12:07 AM (edited) Just do a CMS stage 2 like I have.Good for up to 600 rwks. Mine (FG)cops a hiding and has done quite a few 10 sec runs now as well. Edited 13/10/12 12:08 AM by Vevapower 1
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Posted 13/10/12 02:28 AM Posted 13/10/12 02:28 AM Who has performed the zf tune and how hard does it change gears?I have been dragging my BF for over a year (80+ passes) and at 400rwkw the box is holding up better than I was expecting.I'm sure it will break eventually but I think it will be fine with a stronger shaft as long as the shifts are not banging into gear. 1
XYZ Legacy Donating Member 1,171 Member For: 17y 17d Posted 13/10/12 03:36 AM Posted 13/10/12 03:36 AM Done around 30K Km's on my built box from Monster Torque and it has been faultless.. Haven't taken it to the drags, but it does cop a hiding on the weekends when we put barrel E85 in it at 600rwkw.. We took the ZF tune out of it when I broke my first input shaft.. 1
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 4d Gender: Male Posted 13/10/12 05:35 AM Posted 13/10/12 05:35 AM What gear does your shaft break on and what gearing do you run in the diff.I have in the past gone to higher gearing numerically in the diff to save the box. If you are running the stock 2.73 it really does put heaps of strain on the box and going to something like the manual trans diff ratio would help the box heaps but still isnt the ideal ratio. If you could find something like a 3.25 ratio I think its a good compromise between taking load off the box but not taking off enough load so the turbo does not do its job.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now