Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/10/12 06:09 PM Posted 05/10/12 06:09 PM Seriously... Just buy a new wheel... 1
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 05/10/12 07:50 PM Posted 05/10/12 07:50 PM Eastern wheel works also.
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/10/12 03:59 AM Posted 06/10/12 03:59 AM XR6menace, should try a little bog + some sanding then spraying. Have never tried it myself though haha
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 06/10/12 05:46 AM Author Posted 06/10/12 05:46 AM Advanced is excellent in my opinion I did a set of four 20" rims all gutter bashed and changed the color of the wheels and they charged me $600 and it was a showroom job highly recommend them and will be going back to do another set of rims in a couple of months I think the price had gone up to about $175 a rim but I think it's well worth it going by the quality of there workIs that just like a set price for any sort of damage. It's just the lip of the rim. But given its polished chrome I don't think they'll be able to bog it up cause the lip isn't painted (I don't think) so I might have to just settle for how much can be machined down and polished back chrome.I looked at a few tutorials on the net on how to fix up rash but none to do a chrome lip. I might have to give it a go on a spare wheel I have lying around but would rather spend the cash and have a professional do it properly.Yea Daz that's what mine looks like basically! Its really not that noticeable until up close but I can't stand the site of it!
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 06/10/12 06:12 AM Posted 06/10/12 06:12 AM How much is a new wheel?
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 06/10/12 08:02 AM Author Posted 06/10/12 08:02 AM Vertini concave in 20x10, a bit too scared to ask. I'd assume more than $500. If it had of been one of my fronts I probably would have bought a new wheel and use the rashed one as a spare
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 25/10/12 10:35 PM Posted 25/10/12 10:35 PM Has anybody used Advanced Wheel repairs or Ace Alloy Wheel Repairs?Have a dark 19 dark argent need of gutter rush needs repairs asap.Does anyone have a spare rim 19 for a typhoon rear to borrow for a few days?
brettute Member 15 Member For: 14y 4m Gender: Male Location: Blue Mountains, NSW Posted 16/11/12 03:13 AM Posted 16/11/12 03:13 AM Hey,I have done it myself a few times, depends if you want to spend the time sanding, bog'n and painting!I did 2 of mine the other week and they look quite good, the more time you spend sanding they better it will look.Here are 2 pics, I can't find a before shot but they were pretty bad!One in Primer and one when Finished.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now