Oil Catch Can

robbo17586

• Member For: 13y 9m 8d

Well you could also refer to them as visual inspection units, heat exchangers, or expansion units. I must say also, that I drilled the fuel filter inlets and outlets slightly bigger (approximate size of PCV valve inlet. Jet it is important to understand that these are in operation, when not boosting. The criteria was that the plastic was impervious to oil and fuel. The best solution would be the pipercross inline filter. But if it ain't broke don't fix it. And at $3 a piece you could change them every week if you wanted.

Cheers

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7d

not sure if it has already been said but if your venting the catch can couldnt ya just pick one port or the other on the rocker cover and block the other one off? Save ya runnin 2 hoses..?

• Member For: 13y 9m 8d

If you are venting catchcan you would run both PCV and rocker outlets to can (effectively two inlets, with vent filter as outlet). But you would have to remove the PCV valve, as the valve is inoperable without vacuum. You would also have to make sure to block inlet manifold vacuum line.This type of system would give you greatest benefits, but not legal. That said you may a potential problem with boost pressure possibly running back into the PCV, but I think doubtful, as I believe that the pressure would take the shortest route out (that is, through vent filter)

Cheers

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7d

I get that ya have to block off the unused bits but why would ya need to run both to the catch can when effectively in standard form only 1 can work at a time anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 12y 10m 3d

Picked this one up the other day bit of a custom made can. I have 2 -10AN fittings on the can and 2 -10AN fittings on the new rocker cover which is being painted at the moment. PVC valve is still in its original place and plumbed into the bottom of the plenum. Will throw more picks up when the rocker cover arrives and I fit it.

post-46776-0-00721400-1358059094_thumb.j

post-46776-0-24965600-1358059119_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 6m 11d

Hey Guys,

Is there anyone out there that are making bolt on catch can's for FG model falcons ?

Also can anyone recommend any manufactours of quality catch can's ?

Cheers,