Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

Hey guys,

probably not the first to come along raving about my new car but.... just ordered a

2012 MK2 turbo ute Limited Edition in Kinetic.

was driving an NA falcon for about 3 years before the upgrade from BA to FG

Just curious if there is any pointers as to where I should start and when, I don't know what I good time frame is before you start moding and tuning. Im keen to bring out some of the power that will be available but I am a little worried that someone might lead me down the wrong path and cause some early issues.

any advice or links is appreciated

Thanks Guys

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Stay away from a tune for 6 months +

But a coyote intake and intake muffler replacement should go on straight away! You'll love the spool then!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

Cheers mate when would you look at exhaust and so on?

I'm a little worried about dump pipe upgrade to early

  • billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted

^^ I'm with Henz. Give yourself time to get used to the turbo, then start modding. Gives you time to get used to the power

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

And appreciate the mods I guess!!

Cheers guys!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 19d
Posted

I'm in the same slot - awaiting my XR6T! I'm going the suspension (lowering) pretty much straight away and leaving any engine mods for a bit.

Sorry henz - Coyote Intake and intake muffler as in Coyote V8? Buy from Ford spares? What's an intake muffler? A resonator to quieten intake sound? Had Subarus with those on - first item in the bin ;^)

Noob!

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone QLD
Posted

Grats on the ute I have just ordered the exact ute l.e turbo in kinetic cant get here soon enough first mod already done coming with the 3 peice hard top

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin
Posted

Stevetjet im with you... I find my self a little lost looking at the forums and not having the ute here to compare.. try to avoid asking to many silly questions because im shure once it gets here ill be happy trying a lot of thing on here

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Rushworth VIc
Posted

I've just got mine and have put a HERROD box on it and love it!

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 19d
Posted

Dealer says my car is 'IPT' which is code for paint apparently. Due to dealer 10 Sept. Come on!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...