Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Thanks guys.

I will put my case strongly to the dealership that they must fix the creaking sound or ELSE! :gunsfiring:

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d
Posted

I've had the same issue mate. I found it came during braking and my weight would shift which caused the creak to occur. it has become more and more annoying, I struggled getting dealerships to help me out with this coz they give you a strange look as if you were OCD and anal and ought to be ignored. No longer under warranty, so I'm going to pay repair shop to pull it out and mess around with it till its gone- nothing more off putting than a creaking in your new ride.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, Inner South
Posted

same issue but had not luck getting the dealer to do anything. did tighten the chasis bolts on the chair which got rid of some of it but there is still a squeak in the chair. believe it or not they told me get my leather treated but its definately sounds like springs!

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Mine was squeeky off every bump, after came back from the panel beaters the chair would move on its own,, both sides wgere it screws onto the rail is cracked right around

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

In a couple of weeks I'll have some time off work and I will further investigate this creaking sound.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Fixed mine. First time I did the ford fix:

Theres a metal rod that holds foam supports on the back of the seat, cut 5mm off either end stick back in.

Creaks come back. Had another look. My heavy ass falling into the seat after leg day cracked the frame work on the front of the seat that connects To the adjustable rails.

Welded it up. Silent just like a bought one :)

  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Timetaker, any luck mate? I've got the exact same problem...FG GT only 15k klms.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Timetaker, any luck mate? I've got the exact same problem...FG GT only 15k klms.

Hi it just so happened that last Thursday(27th Sept) I took the car in at the dealership (the 3rd time),

they fiddled with the seat and said that there was an area in the base of the seat that caused the creaking.

They weren't specific however the creaking noise has COMPLETELY disappeared.

I'm still a little hesitant in giving it the all clear but it's literally transformed the car's cabin into a more pleasant environment.

Edited by timetaker
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

.......................Also, you can get a squeak from where the plastic side trim meats the leather on the base, I find going over the leather with a protecting gel or leather conditioner softens up the material and stops the noise........................................................

It's approaching nearly two weeks since I took the car in for the seat problem and so far so good.

I also bought some AutoGlym leather balm and applied some product between the area where the plastic trim meets the leather and boy,the seat makes no noise whatsoever...the way it should be!

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...