Lime Turbo Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 15y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/08/12 02:08 AM Author Posted 17/08/12 02:08 AM Thanks Paulie,So any recommendations on rebuild? Nizpro input shaft and 3000rpm high stall? Any places close to rockingham that does rebuild, Thoughts?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 17/08/12 02:11 AM Posted 17/08/12 02:11 AM no prob mate. probably best to send the box to xft (simon) or monsta torque (rob).give them a call and discuss options. There are heaps of parts available for these boxes now. 1
The Jizard GONE FULL WIZARD Legacy Donating Member 1,617 Member For: 17y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: 720 East Kensington Road Posted 17/08/12 02:11 AM Posted 17/08/12 02:11 AM Take it to XFT in Perth, Simon will sort you out easily and from what I hear may have some new tricks with the ZF.
Lime Turbo Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 15y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/08/12 02:51 AM Author Posted 17/08/12 02:51 AM No worries, I'll give Simon a call ASAP and see what he can do and organize a tow hahaThanks allot
Lime Turbo Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 15y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/08/12 05:45 AM Author Posted 17/08/12 05:45 AM Ok so if anybody is interested, a complete rebuild with hardened internals and Nizpro billet input shaft, drive away is $4250... not really that bad .......just didn't need it to happen right now hahaAlso I got told deka 80lb injectors and my 12psi actuator coming from rapid systems are s**t? what do you guys think? And from what I told you already what am I missing to hit the 370kw at the wheels mark?Thanks again
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 17/08/12 05:57 AM Posted 17/08/12 05:57 AM Just before you commit to the trans rebuild you could take a peek through the inspection plate where you do up the torque converter bolts and check the flex plate is still bolted to the engine and torque converter. Just give it a wriggle by hand to confirm or get someone to move the front pulley back and forth with a socket while you watch the flex plate
Bigkeels Throbbing Member Legacy Donating Member 594 Member For: 17y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/08/12 05:57 AM Posted 17/08/12 05:57 AM that's from xft? extra clutch packs and so on? standard stall? trans cooler?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 17/08/12 06:02 AM Posted 17/08/12 06:02 AM (edited) And from what I told you already what am I missing to hit the 370kw at the wheels mark?Thanks again surge tank with 044, e85 tune and valve springsalso dont forget to get your turbo housing ported. Edited 17/08/12 06:03 AM by Paulie2256
Lime Turbo Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 15y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/08/12 06:18 AM Author Posted 17/08/12 06:18 AM Riptide: Thanks for that, I'll have to see what I can do Bigkeels: That price is from XFT, with clutch plates fully rebuilt and Nizpro input shaft. Standard stall I think, and I'll have to ask about the trans cooler coz from what I've been told I don't think it comes with one.......but he did say drive away so I should get more info from what I will be driving away with hahaPaulie: Thanks again mate, I thought surge tank was a backup? As in when you were low on fuel you can't punch it too hard, which I don't on low fuel anyway. Is the Walbro 300 lt ph not enough? Also is it still nesersary to change the valve springs, I though BF MK2 had typhoon springs?BPT are doing the tune, should I get the 1.2K plenum upgrade? Will this help.Regards
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 17/08/12 06:37 AM Posted 17/08/12 06:37 AM 300lt ph is plenty but you still run a risk of fuel surge with a full tank. Its not required for power but it depends on how safe you want it to be. pretty sure you wont need the plenum at 370 but it wont hurt. and your springs will go soft trust me. better of putting crow springs in early and not worry about it down the track.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now