(AUST)Mod Member 29 Member For: 15y 6m 17d Posted 27/11/12 11:28 PM Posted 27/11/12 11:28 PM My car is exhibiting the exact same symptoms. I am dropping it off at Ford for a repair in 30 mins. I am going to print off this thread and give it to them
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 15d Posted 28/11/12 12:52 AM Posted 28/11/12 12:52 AM Nothing pisses off a mechanic more than "the internet forum told me this". Just let them have a go first. If that fails, then consider that option.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/11/12 02:57 AM Posted 28/11/12 02:57 AM ^this
(AUST)Mod Member 29 Member For: 15y 6m 17d Posted 28/11/12 03:24 AM Posted 28/11/12 03:24 AM As expected, they ignored the internet print out suggested fix and have said I need a new column at $1,600.00. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 28/11/12 04:24 AM Posted 28/11/12 04:24 AM Can you live without the car for a few days andrew? I know a great little machine shop that could knock up a collar out of ally pretty cheap. You could probably get half a dozen made up and sell the other five to cover your cost! 1
(AUST)Mod Member 29 Member For: 15y 6m 17d Posted 28/11/12 07:13 AM Posted 28/11/12 07:13 AM Sure can Luke I have several other cars at my disposal. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/11/12 07:57 AM Posted 28/11/12 07:57 AM Why not have a crack at fixing it yourself if you have other cars to drive, take your time and wont you much at all
(AUST)Mod Member 29 Member For: 15y 6m 17d Posted 28/11/12 02:03 PM Posted 28/11/12 02:03 PM I am having a friend at another Ford dealership calibrate it, and then I will look into securing the sensor. Until it is calibrated, I wouldn't have a clue which position to start with.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 7d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/12 10:15 AM Posted 29/11/12 10:15 AM It will need to be calibrated after, not before securing
rokkie Member 87 Member For: 14y 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide, SA Posted 30/11/12 12:04 PM Posted 30/11/12 12:04 PM try the wreckers.... a lot cheaper!! I fitted one today to a BF XT Mk1 had the ring but no steering angle sensor...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now