xrKEZZ Member 30 Member For: 17y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour Posted 25/07/12 08:06 AM Posted 25/07/12 08:06 AM Hi all failry new to owning an fg xr6T and just have a question that I cant seem to find imformation for. I just purchased and installed the Turbosmart Kompact Dual port, and currently have no washers in it with almost fully tightened up, Pretty sure that there isnt any leaks when idiling but just wanted to make sure its right so im wondering if anyone else has the same BOV running stock boost and if you used the washers or not?
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/07/12 09:53 AM Posted 25/07/12 09:53 AM (edited) iv played around with one of these on my FG, I found that I had to use all the washes included, and tighten it all the way to stop air coming through tthe piston.I wasnt happy as the piston still didnt close properly while ideling, I cbf putting more washes in it (already had like 5-6 in there) so I gave it back to my mate.I didnt like the noise it made either Edited 25/07/12 09:54 AM by Ford Freak
xrKEZZ Member 30 Member For: 17y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour Posted 25/07/12 10:40 AM Author Posted 25/07/12 10:40 AM Ok cheers mate I'll have a play with it and see what happens...
Clay14 Member 18 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Posted 20/08/12 01:04 AM Posted 20/08/12 01:04 AM Hey mate I have an xr6 turbo mk11 ute and the same kompact dual port blow off valve I dont run any washers just tighten it up all the way and back it off a quarter of a turn was spot on for me piston seals at idle and sounds great if you want it louder run it full atmo
Mr Bass Legacy Donating Member 12 Member For: 14y 1m 20d Gender: Male Posted 07/09/12 12:56 PM Posted 07/09/12 12:56 PM Hey guys, I too have the same TS BOV. Im running it on a MKII FG F6 and I dont run any washers either. Same deal, tightened up all the way and backed off just a little. 1
Boogtonic Member 76 Member For: 15y 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 09/09/12 11:00 PM Posted 09/09/12 11:00 PM Shouldn't leak no matter how many washers or turns in, if the signal line is plumbed correctly there is even pressure on both sides of the piston under boost..I run 19psi with no leaks and spring set to soft
nullanulla Legacy Donating Member 9 Member For: 14y 2m 24d Gender: Male Posted 05/12/12 04:35 AM Posted 05/12/12 04:35 AM I too have one of these turbo smart ones on my fg mk2 and the thing is attracting attention from the boys in blue. Has anyone put the cap in it to plumb it back? Does it quiet it down much?
slygary Member 31 Member For: 13y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 17/01/13 09:13 AM Posted 17/01/13 09:13 AM I just put one in my fg mkII, I put 4 washers in it and cap is screwed down half way leaving room for adjustment either way.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now