Ford Australia Cuts 440 Jobs

Dagabond

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d

There are reasons for not pushing the Eco boost advertising hard just yet....

Short supply? I6 getting the arse??

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 6d

THAT ^^ farkin!! Times 10!

The old man isn't sure about his job but not too worried if he loses it as he says he'll go to the mines. But I reckon he is a bit worried..fark even I'm worried lol. Just hope the blokes that are useless go first. Fingers crossed anyway..any Aussie company going down or collapsing altogether isn't good..

That's what they all say.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

Exactly why I'm worried lol. Trying to sugarcoat it and not look worried but yeh not much I can do. All the tickets he has and training etc, plus all the time he's been there. Logically you'd think they'd get rid of the guys that have been there the least time, rather than the guys who have been there longer and know the lot. But ah well cross the fingers and hope for the best outcome...

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Think the icing is mealting off the bullsh*t cake the labor party has been feeding us.

When the country needs a solid financially savvy government the most. Ours has found new and wonderous ways to completely wipe 215 billion off the face of the planet with out any help, aid or excuse of the worlds financial situation.

Instead of taking small steps into another era of the banana republic. We will dive in head first while Juuuuuuuulia Jet off to Kansas for a million $$ lecture salary. Juat like old Anna. And her mentor Mr B.

Funny last time we went into nanna land their was a labor idiot at the helm too. He was as unpopular as Julia too. Although I must admit, with the right amount of drugs he was very amusing during parliment hour

Edited by XR09

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 17d

Everywhere I look, I see a friggin Camry Hybrid.

Ford should be pushing the $hit outta the ecoboost Falcon, I still havent seen one anywhere. Ok the Camry have been out longer, but all the fleet's are buying them for the pubes....

Yep, I'm in local gov and we're getting plenty of camry's. Drove a newby last week - not a bad thing actually.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 12d

Errr would that not be an XR4... :umnik:

The barge ass has had its day, punters want smaller cars they dont give a flyin fck about the size of the mota. It was a dead sale before they even started engineering it. :suicide:

People arent buying smaller cars, they just dont want to buy a Falcon or a Commodore. Plenty of 4wds getting sold. Better marketing is needed to lose the bogan sh*tbox image. I have heaps of car nut mates who like my car but would never buy one

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m

Yep, all of the above. I call it "death by 1,000 cuts". Slowly let it die by doing just enough to make it appear like you are trying though clearly not enough to make a difference. Then when it has reached a low enough point, it's easy to justify closing it down and moving offshore. They will say "we tried everything and we have been forced into this move" along the way they will soak up tax payers money as we try to bail out the sinking ship.