Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

so excited- just won an auction on ebay for one of these:

http://www.bestcovery.com/jl-audio-w6v2-12w6v2-12-car-subwoofer

these are hard to get, unless you live in the us of a. I got a boxed one (will sell the box again) for 212.00. it is second hand but a1 cond.

the only other one of these on aussie ebay is $599.00

will look up specs for box now, so I can plan where it will go (depends on size required), and if ill go sealed (most likely) or ported.....

  • Like 1
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Good stuff :) bargain!

Only thing I don't get about speakers, the ohm stuff..did my head in while I tried to understand it a couple years ago, just got a good mate that's right into stereos, works setting up stages for big shows etc (he used to drive a Telstar with 4 x 15" subs LOL..could hear it miles away), he just recommended me the right stuff and got it lol

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 27d
Posted

I used to live in Geelong, think I may know that car. Was he always out driving around by himself like a complete tool?

  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted (edited)

Lol years ago this is. But yeh by himself just pounding the bass haha

Got another mate in a Barina, 4 subs in it and takes it to comps now. Punched out 150 at least iirc. Farkin crazy bass. Amount of flex in the front window and roof is stupid lol

Edited by Shyfrd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 27d
Posted

Yep I lived there from '08-10.

Anyway back on topic, those subs are awesome that's a great buy.

Going to make a custom box? sealed or ported?

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

this thread needs pics

too much chat hahahahah

  • Like 1
  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

nothing to show yet- unless you want to see my boot empty....

will be soon though...

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

so I am thinking about getting an alpine pxe-660 sound processor, to take the factory stereo signal and pass it through to all amps etc.

http://shop.alpine-usa.com/products/productdetail/System%20Integration%20Audio%20Processor/part_number=PXE-H660/5666.0.1.1.96739.0.0.0.0?pp=12&

my other option is to do the rca to icc mod. I believe that the signal from the rca's will be quite low- eg: 4 volt from an aftermarket hu, but less than 1 volt from added rca's.

the rca mod is cheap- the alpine processor is $270ish delivered.

opinions?

  • Like 1
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Go the processor for sure. It'd be the only processor I reckon I'd get next time I do a stereo install..next car :yes:

Looks like a ripper unit and its Alpine..can't go wrong if you ask me!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 20d
Posted

Go the sound processor its only money setup right you wont tell the difference between a sound processor and and aftermarket head unit unless you went in sound comps etc

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...