fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Posted 06/07/12 11:22 AM Posted 06/07/12 11:22 AM Guys I asked you once but I'll ask again.My car will not start it comes up with a error saying system comms fault in a red triangle.This is becoming very frustrating as no one can fix it. It went away for awhile and now it has come back. Ever since I changed my battery it came back and worse.Before it would only take 3-5 max to start now it's like 15-20. Today I nearly lost my sht at it because I was running so late for a meeting and I couldn't start it for like 5 mins. The worst part about it is if I turn it off for a few minuets it turns on fine but any longer it wount start. I thought it had something to do with the tune but we tried so many things to fix it but at that stage it wasn't as bad because it would still start on and within 15 mins so it was hard to see if it's fixed.The last time I cleaned my engine bay with the high pressure hose it seemed to of fixed it...don't ask me why and how I just gave my engine bay a clean while I washed the car so it was like 45'min job and the car started. Over and over again for ages. Then it came back and then went away for awhile.I spoke to ford and they have no idea what the hell it could beAny ideas guys
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 26d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 06/07/12 11:29 AM Posted 06/07/12 11:29 AM Sounds like a loose/broken wire somewhere. Just a matter of finding it. Good luck. 1
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/12 11:29 AM Posted 06/07/12 11:29 AM (edited) You spoke to ford but did you get them to check it?? Codes will tell all sounds like a battery/pats/earthing issueHad an fg the other day doin all sorts of funny sh*t found the pins on one of the bem ports bent all Over the shop Edited 06/07/12 11:32 AM by bionicxr6t05 1
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Posted 06/07/12 12:03 PM Author Posted 06/07/12 12:03 PM It doesn't come up with a code to check just system comms fault
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/12 12:08 PM Posted 06/07/12 12:08 PM (edited) Whos checking the codes, if its saying system comms fault then a U code will be set Edited 06/07/12 12:09 PM by bionicxr6t05
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Posted 06/07/12 12:52 PM Author Posted 06/07/12 12:52 PM Well how can you check the codes your self?I had a ford check it for when it was there for a diff replacement and they couldent find anything. Will the sct pick it up?The problem is there is no engine light it's either it turns on and runs fine or doesnt.My tuner couldent find anything on the ecu
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/12 07:23 PM Posted 06/07/12 07:23 PM (edited) The SCT will pick up codes, sounds more like a earth problem or the actual computer is farked.Who's you're tuner FGXOD? There was a similar problem with a forum members car, spent $3000 trying to find the problem and ended up being his computer, replaced it and no probs since. Will try and find thread for you, was not that long ago either. Edited 06/07/12 07:26 PM by PAZZOnegger
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 06/07/12 08:36 PM Posted 06/07/12 08:36 PM Is it turning over and not firing? Or turning the key and it's been slow to respond?Mine started to get slow to start. I dropped it at Pitlane, picked it up the next day, gave them some money, and now it's perfect. 1
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 06/07/12 09:36 PM Posted 06/07/12 09:36 PM Sct wont pick up communication codes
fgxod Member 214 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Posted 07/07/12 01:46 AM Author Posted 07/07/12 01:46 AM It's turning over but wount like its not getting fuel or something or like a kill switch.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now