Samsung Galaxy S Iii

smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 11d

Lol and that's why I'm a bit reluctant..never done it before. Any decent guide you followed on the net you know of?

Also, what's your pick then with the s3 v Asus?

Obviously the Samsung! lol

Roms:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Litening/index.php?

Try that - u should be generally safe - just be careful, oden is a factory type of program if u screw it up, u may want to start building a house... :)

there is a 'how to' on that forum!

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 1d

Ah you edited your last post after I asked haha

Alright cheers..will look that site up during the week and decide what to do :spoton:

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

Np mate - remember... u brick it but... dont blame me! lol

I bricked my GS1 about the 3rd time I tried to flash it... but just sent it back got a replacement and then been fine since...

My SG2 is back on a stock rom - u can get from here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/

Use "SMS BACKUP & RESTORE" before u do the flash - save the backup to your EXTERNAL sd card (if u want to keep your texts)... :thumbsup:

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 1d

Haha nah its all a risk you take..

How the fark you sent off a bricked rom phone and got a new one back is crazy lmao good effort..

Yeh I'd save it to the external SD if the damn piece of poo could take one! Lol

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

huh?

oh wait - your on a nexus...

aaahhh those roms are for the GS2 only I think..

(Mind you many custom roms work on both)...

As for a new phone - a dead phone is a dead phone... it was only a few days old, so sent back under the 'early failure' warranty (DOA)... lol

It was meant to be an unbrickable phone - between me and one of the techs in the office, we found a way to brick it... I remember giving him the phone, and then seeing him sweat a bit... he was quiet for around 2 hrs, before I asked how the phone was going, he looked at me with a worried look on his face... and said... aaahhhh... I asked - u bricked it didnt u? he said, u cant, its unbrickable.. lmao... put it back in the box and sent it back...

Poor guys was stressing for 2 hrs!

classic...

Edit:

Ha ha - just realised the pics of the phone... lol the first pic is actually of a server we were building a few days ago... woops!

Skip the first pic... lol Fix that up tomorrow or something - cant be arsed logging into the web server now...

Edited by smicky

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members

So, about a week now playing with the handset, and so far no issues...

Battery life is - good, but not terrific... however I am a very heavy user to say the least.

Pulled the headphones out of the box tonight, and while they are ok, like anything that's bundled with a product, iphone, ipod, or any other mobile or mp3 player, for 50$ +/- if you like your tunes, go get something that will allow your ears to enjoy the sounds a little sweeter. (Im still all for the Bose ie1/ie2 @ $150).

Stable, and not missed a beat yet in terms of locking up or freezing. Hasn't once reset itself as the SG2 did a few times... thinks that was just due to the first being a dud.

Works well with the Merc's bluetooth functions, phone, mp3/audio streaming, and SMS/Text display.

A few of the extra add on functions are a little so/so - the eye rec. fucntion when viewing the screen however this is known to be a little iffy in certain levels of light. the sms to call function with raised to the ear, is a little iffy also...

Havent really played with the S Voice function yet - maybe over the weekend if im not to busy drinking.. :)

Otherwise only issues are Optus network related... wankers!

:thumbsup:

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 15d

I am very happy thus far with mine I thrashed it all day and it still had battery when I got home.

Heaps longer life than my I phone .

Also voice function is pretty good.

Lots of little gadgets and things to learn still but I'm in love!