JBFG Member 19 Member For: 15y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 31/05/12 06:11 AM Author Posted 31/05/12 06:11 AM Got the y section installed today. Very happy.. Just the sound I was looking for.
stroller SHLAMBD. Member 259 Member For: 14y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 31/05/12 07:17 AM Posted 31/05/12 07:17 AM do you have to get a tune after the mufflers removed?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/05/12 07:41 AM Posted 31/05/12 07:41 AM No 1
stroller SHLAMBD. Member 259 Member For: 14y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 31/05/12 08:13 AM Posted 31/05/12 08:13 AM cool. definitely sounds like a good modification for cheap.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/05/12 11:16 AM Posted 31/05/12 11:16 AM Got the y section installed today. Very happy.. Just the sound I was looking for.good stuff mate, it will sound even better as it builds up with carbon inside the new pipes.straight pipes on utes are fine, sound alot better than the sedan if anyone is wondering.
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 4d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 31/05/12 09:32 PM Posted 31/05/12 09:32 PM I got quoted for $300 from hitech mufflers and they wrote back if your going to spend 300 why not spend $1200 and replace the whole exhaust haha big difference. sounds cheap though has anyone heard or gotten a hi tech muffler?
stroller SHLAMBD. Member 259 Member For: 14y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 01/06/12 10:40 AM Posted 01/06/12 10:40 AM 300 to put a straight pipe in? I thought it was around the 100 mark...
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/06/12 10:42 AM Posted 01/06/12 10:42 AM fk no 300 bucks to remove a muffler.the cost varies alot, anywhere from a cheap ass job about 80? and a good neat job about 150. some $200 cause they would rather you buy a cat back. some places sook about doing this job. tell em to suck it up and just do it.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/06/12 10:51 AM Posted 01/06/12 10:51 AM (edited) They all bitch as it's a cheap job, I went to Performance exhaust in Ringwood and I must admit there work is good but just wanted to smack the wanker in the mouth to be honest. All this sh*t about you need a full exhaust to sound good but the real beef I had was the carnt bouncing it off the limiter cold to see what is sounded like after they had done it. Farking retard.I paid 200, 100 for the hot dog and 100 install. 100 install is fine but if your paying more then what $50? for say a foot of straight pipe your being played.FF get a shot of yours if you can and I'll put one of mine up so people can see what they are essentially doing. Edited 01/06/12 10:56 AM by Dillz
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/06/12 11:03 AM Posted 01/06/12 11:03 AM I have posted a pic of my Y section, pretty sure its in the other centre muffler thread.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now