Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

hey guys,

just another center muffler thread. just want to know what people with utes have done with theirs eg removed it and what not..im looking for a better note...and trying to save money at the same time? I have seen alot of threads about sedans but no to many on utes.

Any advice would be awsome.

cheers.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gippsland
Posted

I haven't done it but I am pretty sure its just a Y piece because it splits at the center muffler on the utes.

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I removed mine, but its personal taste wether you like the sound or not. I took the punt and removed it and replaced with straight pipes. mine is not loud at all. but im used to noise anyways so half the time I dont even notice it.

my advice is to listen to someone who has done the mod. as far as I know, my ute exhaust is quieter with the muffler removed compared to the sedan noise level with muffler removed.

reading about getting it done doesnt really help, you need to meet up with some guys who have done it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yeah I've heard about the Y piece.

Ford freak-reckon you could post up a pic or vid of your set up..might just end up going with this option.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Beecroft, Sydney
Posted

I got mine done on saturday and I love it! just wanted it to sound a little louder and I couldn't be happier! Much cheaper than doing a decent cat back

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

What exactly did you get done mate??..I want to go in ASAP to do it.

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I would post a vid but not sure how to, and only have a crappy phone to record from. so its prob not the best way to give you an indication.

but yes they will remove the muffler, and replace with a Y section, as the muffler is single in, twin exit.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Ford freak- no worries mate..I'll just go get it done..if I dont like it I can always bolt up the muffler again. Thanks for your advice!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have this done on my XR6T sedan. Worse thing about it is when it's cold, it sounds like a friggin boat. Also be prepared for a lot of crackling and burbling when you take your foot of the accelerator.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

my car had the muffler removed when I bought it, after a week I wanted to commit suicide.

New muffler installed = less inclination of self harm.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...