Fg Xr6 Turbo - 300.6Rwkw

SecaBoy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 24d

lag is unnoticable on street. I do find it slightly annoying in the mountains. I mean, the torque pulls the car around off boost just fine, but to exit a corner on boost, most of the time I slap it back to 1st.......and then wheelspin. LOL

at the drags, well, I've never been able to launch on boost. its either off boost, or on boost and frying the tyres on the start line. but I put that down to sh*t tyres.

shocks are bilstein and springs are king SSL and SSSL. great combo, imo. :)

• Member For: 11y 2m 1d

Camber kit? How much camber? So you have no rubbing at all? Mofos must have lied to me as they said the rubber hits the top arm (whatever its called) on full lock!

f*ck your posts are epic!! I had to delete so much it was very challenging on my phone :P

My tyres are 265 35 18. May be the slightly lower profile allows it to fit. It juuuust fits though

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 1d

^^^ hahaha.... yes sir... (hence the joke GeGe6 said in the WA thread yesterday lol)....

that's BS hey.....maybe I should try it for myself one day if I'm bored (I.e. swap front to back)....cause in your example mine are only 3mm off your offset (18x9+29) and mine are skinnier too....so IDK wtf is the deal then - cause running 265's all round would be cool cause then rotate tyres :P but yes my rears are 265/35/18 and tyre place was adamant there was rubbing I.e. full lock. Meh...maybe I will PM you if I want to know more (and not clutter up SecaBoy's build thread hahaha)

lag is unnoticable on street. I do find it slightly annoying in the mountains. I mean, the torque pulls the car around off boost just fine, but to exit a corner on boost, most of the time I slap it back to 1st.......and then wheelspin. LOL

at the drags, well, I've never been able to launch on boost. its either off boost, or on boost and frying the tyres on the start line. but I put that down to sh*t tyres.

shocks are bilstein and springs are king SSL and SSSL. great combo, imo. :)

Very strange you don't notice the lag on the street :/ most people seem to mention how they 'miss the instant down low boost'....I think when the time comes I will need to jump in someones car who has the GTX and normal BA/BF turbs...and see how different it is to the baby FG

Nice description BTW lol

and thanks for the info on suspension....I figured it would be that.... I will probably bite the bullet and go the same combo (as I have SSL all round springs at home, but when I order the shocks, I will also order the SSSL rears - as I'm not a fan of the rake).

Cheers!

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 23d

I notice it with my billet wheeled 3540

It's not horrendous but it's there.

My SSLs are just going on the car now, aren't they designed to have the rake?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 24d

they're designed to have rake, but when you go SSSL in the rear, it removes the rake look. I much prefer the car to look "level" than with the nose in the ground and the ass in the air like a dog on heat.

maybe I should clarify on the lag issue. my previous turbo car was a s13 silvia with an rb20det engine and a t04e turbo with a manualised auto gearbox.

I wouldn't build boost until about 3000rpm and then it'd hit 15psi in 500rpm.

to me, THAT is lag. and frightening on the street! lol.

in the xr6, I'm building boost by 2000rpm. so its always feeling like its on boost. whereas, the silvia, it used to feel like I could make a coffee by the time it came on boost.

it used to go from nothing to tyre frying in a split second and then would continue to fry through 1st, 2nd and 3rd. completely useless, but fun nontheless. lol

anyway, I've attached my dyno graph for the xr6t so you can see how much lag there is/isn't.

post-33828-0-53753500-1406509715_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 9y 2m 10d

they're a sticker kit for an FG off ebay.

I like them and sets off the car, imo.

good thing I mod my car to my tastes and not others aye. lol

oh and it seems like I havent updated this thread in a while. 19x9.5" all around with offset of +35 works fine. no scrubbing at all.

pic from the front

Downshirt_Circuit_and_Coffee_Feb_16th_2014_-_345-(ZF-10479-76923-1-001).jpg

I'm looking at inspiri r5 in satin black with 19" 9.5" +30 would they have a nice concave and no rub with sssl

Edited by Henderson576