Ticking Noise From Front Right Hand Side

Evil XR6T

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 25d

Hey guys,

The other day I turned my stereo off and noticed a ticking noise coming from the front right hand side of the car. It sounds like a stone is in the tyre, but I check and there isnt. I had my brakes fixed the other day and got him to check, and he said the noise wasn't relative to the brakes.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they could let me know what it is.

Cheers !!!

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 14d

Could be heaps of things try looking at the brakes and go from there could it be engine related?

Brakes are good man, nothing wrong there. Dont think its engine related. I can have it in neutral and the noise is still there. I'm pretty good with cars, but this has me stumped.

Not relative to revs ether. Just the same as a stone in a tyre. If I speed up (km/h) it speeds up, and vice versa with slowing down. Its really baffled me, and I dont know how long its been like this either. I'm sure the noise wasnt there when I got it back from getting new valve springs and turbo oil line, and that was about a month ago now. So lost, lol...

Yeah. Can't seem to get the noise outta them then. It only happens if I'm going straight or turn left as well. If I turn right it magically disappears. I've checked everything is clear of the rims. If every road was one giant right hand turn I wouldnt have a problem :P