jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/05/12 08:03 AM Author Posted 02/05/12 08:03 AM thanks ralph wiggum for the link ..exellent read..
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 02/05/12 08:25 AM Posted 02/05/12 08:25 AM I think I would try running the small hose from the front of the turbo straight to the actuator, by-passing the boost solenoid and see what happens.
jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/05/12 08:32 AM Author Posted 02/05/12 08:32 AM Ok. How would I do this ?? Easy or should I let a mechanic try it
jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/05/12 08:37 AM Author Posted 02/05/12 08:37 AM Can I put a manual boost controller on ..will that stop any chance of over boosting if its done manually..r they good ??
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 02/05/12 08:38 AM Posted 02/05/12 08:38 AM (edited) Just do it yourself. Get a new 4m/m piece of vacuum hose from somewhere to save taking the hose off the solenoid. This method will keep you at minimum boost.I prefer electronic boost controllers. Seem lots better IMO. Edited 02/05/12 08:40 AM by riptide
quadie Legacy Donating Member 720 Member For: 20y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook,NSW Posted 02/05/12 10:23 AM Posted 02/05/12 10:23 AM yes but if his tune in "8psi" and his actuator is "11.8", its gunna boost cut anyway.to do the above mentioned modget some 4 mm vac hose.remove line going to actuator ,on the front cover of the turbo there will be a nipple that leads to the boost control solinoid( where the wastegate line goes also)remove this line and place the 4mm vac hose between the actuator and cove. this will limit the the boost to the wastegates actuator.also look at the actuator rod, is it threaded?, there may be some adjustment there , do you have a boost gauge?
jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/05/12 01:35 PM Author Posted 02/05/12 01:35 PM Ok ill check it tomorrow ,na I dont have a boost gauge yet but it seems I should invest in one asap ..will this hurt my motor because the acuator is bigger than my psi ??
matt036 Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 16y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 02/05/12 10:05 PM Posted 02/05/12 10:05 PM Bottom line is its going to be making 12psi once boost is on and with out a boost gauge who knows after that. Mate you would be better off getting it back to your tuner so they can tune it to suit the actuator. It will be bringing boost on a lot harder and if its not tuned to the actuator it could possibly be creeping in the top end which is causing the boost cut.Im in a similar boat at the moment although my tune is a 14psi not 8, so mine makes the 14 then starts to creep as it hasn't had the proper adjustment to correct for this as of yet.
jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/05/12 02:28 AM Author Posted 03/05/12 02:28 AM Yeah im not going back to bta motorsports again..anyone know of anygood tuners
jasons xr6 t Member 72 Member For: 14y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 03/05/12 03:02 AM Author Posted 03/05/12 03:02 AM So can I bypass the boost control solonoid ?If I can and I put a manual boost controller in can I set it a 12 psi and it will work fine and not go over 12 psi ?Im running low on cash atm for a tune I just forked out over 5000 dollars and have got nothing for it except these problems
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now