Heaps Of Mods,but No Power, Why An Plz Help?

WhiteXR

• Member For: 13y 6m 16d

Sounds like a change in workshop is in order. Your Air Intake Temp is interesting. I find that Intake temps generally drop during a WOT run not increase. Cruising IAT should be 130 degrees F and drop to 110 degrees F by mid run for example.

Hi mate, mine does have a slight drop as soon as its at wot but 8 seconds later it will rise up at about 20 celius, so pretty much I start at 22 celius an then 8 seconds later at full wot it will be at 41 celius.

It sound exactly the same as mine!!!

When I put it back to stock and put the standard thermostat back in it ran cooler in traffic than with the 71 degree thermostat. Mine cruising was just under 1/4 but in traffic it would nudge 1/2, which in the end I got the s=%ts with the tune and put it back to stock and sold it. And bought a Fg G6et and its staying stock...

I have it were I want it now, all is needed is the fans to come on earlier at traffic or city driving an I shall be sweet.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 17d

Mate,

Dont throw another cent into it and dont touch it until you get it to another tuner who can do a real custom tune for you. And an experienced tuner who knows these cars well will fish out and problems with sensors, and problems as they will have all the tools on hand.

Been where you have been and went to another tuner and havnt looked back

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d

a different tuner can not adjust his tune to change the fans, they need to start a tune from scratch

Ratter is referring to SCT which it has been tuned with. Sounds like starting from scratch is in order.

In regards to the IAT, if it's 20 degrees.....whats the ambient temp?

• Like 1

Ratter is referring to SCT which it has been tuned with. Sounds like starting from scratch is in order.

In regards to the IAT, if it's 20 degrees.....whats the ambient temp?

not 100 percent sure I think ambient temp was 21 degrees an air intake at 22 or 23 degrees,something like that mate. Edited by WhiteXR

Hey guys I thought I give you an update, my etm exhaust manifold sould be coming on monday, I will be installing them sometime next week, then towing the car of to a exhaust shop to get a dump pipe remade.

Now what do you guys reckon sould I go selling of my new plazmaman 1100hp intercooler an be getting myself a new big big nizpro intercooler instead, or am I waste in my time an money, remember im only after 330rwkw mark, an my previous tuner said that its one of my components that is letting me down because of my high inlet temps?

An also what do guys reckon of this, my car was making 327rwkw at 19 or 20 psi, 840nm of torque with my old set up, an now at this moment its only making 295rwkw with same boost but a huge increase of torque of 1190nm, the only thing that has changed is that now I run an external 48mm wastegate set up on my standard manifold,with a brand new gt3582r garrett .7 cover turbo, an also the plazmaman intercooler which I changed over from a chinese 500x400x90 intecooler, that is all iv changed, can use guys spot something wrong with this setup?

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m

Mate the cooler is fine don't waste ya money there is something wrong with ya car you shouldn't need 19 to 20 psi to make that power that's insane your tuner don't sound to good