tom93 Member 17 Member For: 14y 5m 14d Posted 24/04/12 11:13 AM Author Posted 24/04/12 11:13 AM I live in perth mate
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 28d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 24/04/12 02:45 PM Posted 24/04/12 02:45 PM Around 15k I would be looking at a BF. Stronger 6spd auto and if you find a BF2 stronger valve springs.
tom93 Member 17 Member For: 14y 5m 14d Posted 25/04/12 10:55 AM Author Posted 25/04/12 10:55 AM hard to get a bf under 20k around here
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 28d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 25/04/12 12:25 PM Posted 25/04/12 12:25 PM Yeah sorry looks like most of the ones between 14-16k are in NSW.
NickBA-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 386 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Posted 26/04/12 03:15 AM Posted 26/04/12 03:15 AM I recently purchased a stock BA XR6 Turbo (2003), in immaculate condition body wise, interior like it just came from the showroom, 120,000 k's, 5 speed. I paid $15k with 3 years warranty and 12 months roadside assistance thrown in from a dealer. I am having rear diff bushes done today at a cost of $360 including parts, which includes resealing the diff and new diff oil. Apart from that I did the basics, service with good engine oil, gearbox service. All up it's a top car. It is getting tuned in a months time and I'll get valve springs and injectors with the tune. Just be warned. Ownership of these cars leads to serious mod addiction! I'm not complaining though.
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 27/04/12 03:08 AM Posted 27/04/12 03:08 AM Just a word of warning, the 5-speeds in these cars do not cope well with mods. They have died on people who haven't even done any mods.
JK 47 Legacy Donating Member 161 Member For: 19y 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 28/04/12 01:34 PM Posted 28/04/12 01:34 PM My BA 2004 has done 195000km trouble free kays,as long as they are serviced and a bit of preventative matainance they will last a long time,or maybe I just got a good one .........JK.
Hotwire Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 17y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 30/04/12 02:18 AM Posted 30/04/12 02:18 AM (edited) I just bought a Dec 02 BA XR6T with a mere 71,000ks - 1 owner, Factory full Leather, premium sound and factory sat nav with full dealer service history for $15k. so price sounds reasonable Edited 30/04/12 02:19 AM by Hotwire
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 11d Gender: Male Posted 30/04/12 02:30 AM Posted 30/04/12 02:30 AM Sounds like a pretty good buy Hotwire. I take it its auto?
Hotwire Legacy Donating Member 172 Member For: 17y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 03/05/12 12:29 AM Posted 03/05/12 12:29 AM Yep its auto. Would like a manual but Arthritis in the knee's puts a stop to that when its my daily driver.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now