Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I have a weird one. I can't get more than $5 petrol in my car without it overfilling and spilling out of the fuel inlet, just like trying to fill and already filled tank the only problem being that the car only has 1/4 tank of gas in it, bloody embarrassing and annoying stopping for $5 fills. It took 5 minutes to get 2.5 litres into it this morning. Any ideas?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CQ
Posted

have you checked up underneath the back guard for a kink in the fuel inlet into your tank or anything like that, it obviously must have a blockage before the tank???

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Yes mate, it was on the hoist today and everything is fine. I'm wondering if there is something blocked in the tube but I can't see how unless Ford put something in there that has packed up. It has just had a new rear bumper fitted a couple of weeks ago but I have filled it a few times since then with no problems. I am wondering whether it is a blocked breatther but if that was the case it would de pressurise once the pump nozzle was pulled I would have thought.

Edited by RHR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 23d
Posted

Jammed anti-syphon flap thing? If you pull the filler neck/tube off theres a metal flap where it enters the tank down at the rear cradle. easy enough to get the pipe off on a hoist, even just at home on stands.

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Jammed anti-syphon flap thing? If you pull the filler neck/tube off theres a metal flap where it enters the tank down at the rear cradle. easy enough to get the pipe off on a hoist, even just at home on stands.

Thanks 1600dave that sounds like an easy fix. I did put spome of that expanding foam crap in the rear chassi rails and cross member that holds the diff in and am wondering if somehow I blocked a breather. It does quieten the car down heaps but if I have blocked a breather it is rear suspension cradle out again.

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

NOOB OF THE YEAR AWARD for me. I put expanding foam sound deadener in the rear chassi rails the other day when the cradle was out and of course the breather from the fuel tank has a hose that goes into the chassi rail and it got blocked with the expander. New one going in tomorrow. The expanding foam does a great job at lessening road noise as well.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Doc, any chance of some pics of the areas that copped the foam?

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Remedy, cut the breather pipe off at the cannister it comes from the expandable foam had gone all the way up to the elbow at the box but not into it thankfully. Ralph Wiggum, too hard to photograhp noe, but you just fill up the hollow rail running left to right that the diff bolts to, there are plenty of holes to stick the expandable foam nozzle into, then do the same in the rear chassi rails, make sure you pull the breather hose out at the back of the D/Side chassi rail before you start. Cuts down on a heap of road noise. I put red hard bushes in the diff and now it has more rumble than it used to and has made diff whine at 80 to 100ks come back. I might rip the whole lot out again and go for the Super Pro comfort centre bush as I've heard they are much more quiet than the solids and can't stand the noise it annoys the hell out me.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Lol I did the same thing on my XR6T ages ago.. took ages to fill ever since!

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Lol I did the same thing on my XR6T ages ago.. took ages to fill ever since!

Mate mine would not take more than 2 litrs at a time, even if I waited 10 minutes, also used a lot more fuel as well. Get it on a hoist and cut off the plastic pipe that goes into the rear chassi off the black cannister right up at the cannister, mongrel of a job and you need a hoist.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...