Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 26d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

Great news!!

From January onwards, Ford will be supplying the first 200 (yes two hundred) HWP vehicles to the NSW Police Fleet.

Reason? There has been a massive change of orders for the BA Falcon in both XR8 and Turbo.

Due to the high cost of running the Late model camira SS (particularly in tyres) Expensive Daewoo had been approached and asked to supply a HWP vehicle that ran on 17 inch tyres.

Expensive Daewoo replied that the current SS is designed for the 18 inch rim and Bridgestone tyre to give it the handling capability that it 'has'. They argued that if the NSW Police wanted a Pursuit vehicle with 17inch rims then it would have to be an Executive modified to a particular standard and the cost would exceed that of an SS.

Obviously they forgot completely about the SV8 which is an Executive with full FE2 suspension, 245kW engine, Hi Po running gear (same as SS) etc etc. Basically it is an SS in completely identical specification except for dashboard, wheels and bodykit.

Therefore Expensive Daewoo said that the NSW Police should stay with the SS because it would be 'cheaper' in the long run. So NSWPOL stayed with the SS Commodore.....

.....until now.

As soon as Ford got the order for the first two hundred cars from January, Expensive Daewoo replied with...

an SS with 17 inch rims for the NSW Police.

And anyone that doesn't think that the huge profile of Highway Patrol cars raising brand image for a company is good for future sales and brand credibility then they don;t deserve to be in the marketing industry!!!!

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW
Posted

...if a man is going to get booked than he might as well get booked in style! :nyaah: That is good news for Ford and no doubt a bonus on the PR front.(wonder if they will do something positive on that front?) :nyaah:

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 26d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

Ford Marketing do something positive even when it handed to them on a platter?

I don't think so

Pity, because this is a marketing coup that has more potential to reach more customers than anything that Ford have achieved recently.

To actually steal 200 sales off their arch competitor is a really big event but no doubt they will squander the opportunity....

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 4d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

Its hard to believe the arrogance of Expensive Daewoo sometimes. l guess it comes with being market leader for so long. They handed these orders to Ford on a platter, sounds like Ford still didnt go out hard to bargain with the NSW coppers to win them over, they got it by default?

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted

I've seen no Ford avertising saying they won the last V8 round or indeed the championship. I have seen though ads for the latest car of the year (or whatever it was) award they won.

Ford marketing :kissmy::finger:

  • Former XT pilot
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Womb
Posted

the SS utes come with 17's so why not the sedan? hmm...

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted

Saw my first Qld HWP T yesterday.

He was about 75-100 m away when I pulled out onto the road. I obviously held speed (As always) :ta: waiting for him to catch up but he held back and kept the distance.

I was wanting to get him up beside me so I could give him the T acknowledgement.

A question Officers Ponch, VG amd Curious, do you get any T pilots giving you the wave? (The friendly one thay is)

  • The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 26d
  • Location: Dodge Scat Pack
Posted

Officer Ponch only gets waves from 'pretty ladies in Mustang convertibles"

I, on the other hand, get waves from losers in HSV and SS Commodores (I'm stuck driving HMAS Melbourne until May next year)

I get heaps of people asking me what car I recommend...Expensive Daewoo or Ford and naturally I tell them that the Expensive Daewoo is not my choice (First Expensive Daewoo in the last 8 or so cars I've had at the office)

When I had the Falcon I would normally get (and give) the thumbs up to another XR.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km
Posted

I have a mate in the nsw hwp he says the current ss use between

$4000 to$6000 in tyres per year................ :thumbsup: :( ( :puke: .ouch!!!..holden.

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

welcome simmo,

good luck plonky getting your arse into an xr for work.

Scotty

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...