thewoods Member 30 Member For: 14y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Cessnock, NSW Posted 19/03/12 09:40 PM Author Posted 19/03/12 09:40 PM Yeah that makes a bit more sense, was confused when you said you bloked it up.
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 19/03/12 10:25 PM Posted 19/03/12 10:25 PM I dont think it would be the actuator as you've said it would drop then go back again. If the actuator is failing to hold boost it will just drop and stay down not surge like you have described.
darkness Member 20 Member For: 15y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/03/12 12:39 AM Posted 27/03/12 12:39 AM (edited) im having a kinda of similar problem I changed and gapped my plugs a few months ago when I had a misfiring problem and checked coils which looked fine and not problem since but then I took the car in for new valve springs and a new diff since ive gotten it back as soon as it hits 3000 or so starts sputtering my mechanic mate thinks its the pump because he reckons the coils will generally fail on take off said it seems more like its not getting enough fuel could be a similar problem to yours... im going to get the pump changed this weekend and see if it fixes the problem Edited 27/03/12 12:39 AM by darkness
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 27/03/12 08:53 AM Posted 27/03/12 08:53 AM I've heard of coils failing as the boost increases and the spark has struggles more under compression. Sounds a bit extreme swapping the pump. Can,t you just get the pressure tested? I made a fuel pump pressure tester which fits under the car where the fuel rail hose clips to the metal fuel line. Most tuners will have one and could test the fuel pressure.
nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 10/04/12 12:58 AM Posted 10/04/12 12:58 AM Sounds like a coil issue.Get your coils checked out and if they need replacing you should see this issue go away.
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 19d Gender: Male Posted 10/04/12 02:09 AM Posted 10/04/12 02:09 AM I have a similar issue used to run 15psi now I get max 13-14 I think the actuator has gone soft!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now