dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 02:17 AM Posted 17/03/12 02:17 AM (edited) Is that who did your F6 exhaust and modded your stock tips to fit it dre? Was yours Manta or custom?My system was a manta, pit lane did all the hard work with fitting and fitting GT tips though. Saw Barney for something else. - if you go there just close your eyes though as the place looks terrible lol Edited 17/03/12 02:18 AM by dre
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 03:23 AM Posted 17/03/12 03:23 AM (edited) Just close your eyes and say you want what dre got. Edited 17/03/12 03:23 AM by Paulie2256
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 03:34 AM Posted 17/03/12 03:34 AM (edited) lol Paulie, FG50T has been in the car, he knows it's not quiet though.For all the hassles and massive expense of going twins, I'll be doing the same exhaust again on my next f6.Will look at a varex middle muffler though. Edited 17/03/12 03:36 AM by dre
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 03:37 AM Posted 17/03/12 03:37 AM yer dre you really loved that setup didnt ya hahahand why so secretive on why you went ot hallam zorst for?
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 16d Gender: Male Posted 17/03/12 03:48 AM Posted 17/03/12 03:48 AM Varex middle muffler won't work Dre if you have a hiflow cat, means the Varex will be the restriction so when you open or close won't be good if tuned. Pretty sure Ratter even said it once, on a stock system works a treat as stock cat will be restriction. 1
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 04:11 AM Posted 17/03/12 04:11 AM (edited) Not a secret why I went there, just unrelated. Went there to go over options to quiet the thing down when off boost. We tested a few things hence why I can say go see him.The Varex middle is perfect for me. It's unlike the rear system- they close a flap and redirect air through a very restrictive path. The twin 3" middle simply closes one side. There is a module available to do it without the remote. This can be set to open via the rpm, load, or via an override switch.Barney blocked up one side to see if the varex option was the answer to my problem. It was but he did it only to save me money. Also got him to make some slight adjustments as the system had started to sag. Edited 17/03/12 04:13 AM by dre
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 05:03 AM Posted 17/03/12 05:03 AM ah I see dre, no worries.
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 17/03/12 08:57 AM Posted 17/03/12 08:57 AM I have a Di Filippo in 3.5" stainless on my car and I love it!It isn't the quietest by any means, it certainly isn't a trait of the DiF exhausts to be quiet... especially below 2k in the first 2 or 3 gears. Get around those gears and it's fairly quiet. Still noticable but what it does have is a great note on start up and idle, backed up again when backing off the throttle. FG I am with you that I thought you couldn't have a great note from a 4L engine. I have now changed my mind. At freeway speed or really anything 80kph or above you wouldn't even know the car had an exhaust on it. Very quiet.I'll see if I can get up a video of my car in my garage on start up. When ever I take anyone from my house for a drive first thing they notice is the 044 switch on at accessories and then the burst of the exhaust as the car comes to life! At 4.50am each morning I'd hate to think what the neighbours think of it... no nasty letters left in the letterbox though so it can't be that bad!Jack 2
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 17/03/12 09:07 AM Posted 17/03/12 09:07 AM Varex mufflers on our cars, or any tuned turbo for that matter, is one the stupidist things I've heard. If I was a tuner and a customer insisted on running one, I'd say step into my office I'll I get you the number of the tune shop down the road. 2
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 09:15 AM Posted 17/03/12 09:15 AM Varex mufflers on our cars, or any tuned turbo for that matter, is one the stupidist things I've heard. If I was a tuner and a customer insisted on running one, I'd say step into my office I'll I get you the number of the tune shop down the road.Hmm. After doing my research on it I disagree. Though you are 100% correct about the stupid cannon style thing. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now