Jump to content

New Members Thread


How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,887 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hey guys, looking to get a FG'T very soon. What do you guys think about this car is it a good deal?

http://www.carsales....n-2010-11848692

You think I can get it for 30,000, that's my limit and really dont want to go over it.

A 2010 with 3000 kays seems a bit sus. However if it all checks out then it's already cheap at that.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bundoora, Melbourne
Posted

From memory, those number plates seem a bit new for 2010.....I would try and check that it has not been re-registered....I.e. Repaiable writeoff that has been re-registered.....

I paid $43k for the same car - except manual - Sept 2010, so I think it it pretty good value if it legit, just like Dillz said....

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Actually good spot, but dunno. I put new plates on mine to sell in feb and was YWW. So might even be a late 2010?

XR8 Bonnet too.

  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Could of had custom plates of their own on it before selling

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bundoora, Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Agree....Like mine.....but I have also seen some that were just dodgy...should be easy enough to get a check from Vicroads if it has been listed as a write off.....

I did think that late 2010 was early "y"s lig YBB etc.

Also, missed the XR8 Bonnet....

Edited by frogg
  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Yea I agree with Dillz and frogg. Before I even read their comments I was thinking it seemed a little suss. When I was looking for a ute on Carsales 2 years ago I had a run in with a dodgy bugger on there. Best to check those things out thoroughly before commiting even $1 mate. Not being racist but the guy's name sounds a bit dodgy too... <_<

  • Pitlane Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pakenham, Victoria
Posted (edited)

I would be making sure you get 2 keys as well, assuming everything else is ok.

Edited by TRA1NR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dandenong
Posted

Thanks for all the help guys. I searched VicRoads and they redirected me to a government website called the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR).

Now they chared me $3.50 to find out details about the vehicle but thank god I did. It turns out the vehicle was written off not once but TWICE. First time was when it was in an accident in Adeilade. The other time was because of flood damage.

I knew you guys wouldnt lead me astray, just saved me $30,000. Thanks boys, next meet beers are on me. :buttrock:

  • Like 2
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Good stuff.

  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Haha! F*ck me drunk some kunts will try anything to get a dollar. Dodge bastard..lol 2 times.. :banghead:

Its a shame we can't leave comments for other people to see..someone will probably get sucked in :(

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...