Iceman Gene Legacy Donating Member 21 Member For: 14y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/02/12 01:48 PM Posted 27/02/12 01:48 PM Hi all,I have just brought and fitted Mild steel cat back X-Force system, the sound difference is awesome, it has such a deep sound and is exactly what I was wanting but as I am a family man I find it is quite droney, and what I want to know is... will it quiten down and less'n the drone with a some k's done as it carbons up? also as I have also just ordered the rest of the Mild steel system including the 4" dumb pipe, high flow cat etc and will adding this increase the drone and make it louder?I look forward to some feed backP.S this site is the best thing since sliced bread as you all have had some sort of encourgement/guidence to all my upgrades so far, everytime I want to do a upgrade I come to this site check what has been done and looked out what not to do... so you are my XR6 Turbo Bible if you will
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/02/12 02:06 PM Posted 27/02/12 02:06 PM Maybe a bit louder, all higher flowing exhausts are going to drone a bit.Don't forget a tune after the cat and dumps done, glad you like the forum. 1
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 27/02/12 02:24 PM Posted 27/02/12 02:24 PM Cat and dump will definitely make it louder, the drone is really dependent on the mufflers. We have x force stainless twin 2.5 full system on the Nizpro car and its not excessively load and there is no drone. Even my full nizpro 4 inch has minimal drone only a bit under 2k. Its all in the size and design of the mufflers. It also has twin 4 inch cats, which would quieten it a bit.
Iceman Gene Legacy Donating Member 21 Member For: 14y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/02/12 11:16 AM Author Posted 28/02/12 11:16 AM Maybe a bit louder, all higher flowing exhausts are going to drone a bit.Don't forget a tune after the cat and dumps done, glad you like the forum.Thanks for that, yeah I wont be fitting the front part of the exhaust until I fit the fuel pump, injectors and ECU and book it for a tune, that's all is needed now, im hoping to get around the 300-330kw margin
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/02/12 12:04 PM Posted 28/02/12 12:04 PM yer it should quieten down abit.where are u? I wouldnt mind hearing this system in mild steel?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 28/02/12 01:10 PM Posted 28/02/12 01:10 PM You out this Friday night FF?
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/02/12 08:19 AM Posted 29/02/12 08:19 AM yer most likely
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 29/02/12 09:11 AM Posted 29/02/12 09:11 AM I have mild steel twin. Will be out if it doesn't rain. Will say hi
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/02/12 09:14 AM Posted 29/02/12 09:14 AM cheers paulie
Iceman Gene Legacy Donating Member 21 Member For: 14y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/02/12 09:57 AM Author Posted 29/02/12 09:57 AM Sorry I'm in Brisbane, but I see you have it sorted now
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now