Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hi guys,

Looking at putting some 20 inch Zumbo rims on my G6ET and wondering what grief I will get from the Police in Victoria as I would like ten inch wide on the back.

Have been trying to get info from the vicroads web site to confirm if this is ok or un-roadworthy.

The other issue is if insurance will cover the wider rear wheels and tyres.

Any help or info appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 20d
Posted

I don't think 10's are legal, probably won't get much trouble from police do long as tyres meet load ratings, but it will void insurance etc as most policies only cover mods that are allowed by vicroads.

Also, does anyone know what the laws are regarding staggered wheels?

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I think 9 is as wide as you can go legally. If you mention it to insurance company's like Just Cars, Shannon's they don't care.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Thanks boys,

I thought that may be the case.

Pete

  • Pitlane Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pakenham, Victoria
Posted

just keep your stockies pete and change back if need be, you will love 10's in the right offset!

although yes, they are illegal.

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

LOL everything's f*cking illegal!!!

Insurance companies would have to pay out unless they could prove that the ten inch rims caused an accident...

  • Pitlane Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pakenham, Victoria
Posted

I don't think so worm. There will be a clause in there somewhere about roadworthiness to the governing body standards.

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I have read all the clauses... My insurance says wider and bigger diameter wheels... Doesn't say how much...

States that if something was unroadworthy and CONTRIBUTED to the accident, then it's not covered... However, I highly doubt they can say that wider Tyres could contribute to an accident unless you were aqua planing across the road... In which case, how would they prove that you were?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...