Shyfrd's Photos

Shyfrd

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

Ok, so finally got round to jpeg'ing images and uploading them, thanks to FF for the wise words hahaha

These are straight from the camera no editing whatsoever. All photos taken down at Wye River between Christmas Day and January 21 (yes, spent christmas day on the coast. Was the best! Hot day so was in the water most of the day lol)

Almost forgot, ordered Bryan Peterson Understanding Exposure on eBay 2wks ago, finally arrived tonight! Time to start reading. Was happy paying $26 compared to $52 Dymocks wanted!!! :locomotive:

handheld slow exposure, 1/8 which shows some camera shake, obviously bound to happen at that speed but was after the quick look while on the move. Plus, too lazy to bring the tripod with me down the beach lol

jpeg0725.jpg

jpeg0734.jpg

jpeg0747.jpg

jpeg0761.jpg

jpeg0770.jpg

jpeg0772.jpg

jpeg0777.jpg

That's it for now. Now to upload photos from the Australia Day cruise that was on down here in Geelong. Great day with great weather! Don't hold back on criticism, I'll take constructively and got an open ear for what to do in future! :spoton:

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

I'll limit it to 10 photos per post..

I've found out pretty quickly that white cars aren't as easy as first thought to photograph..how do you do it Adam?! Haha

jpeg0781.jpg

jpeg0782.jpg

jpeg0783.jpg

jpeg0784.jpg

jpeg0786.jpg

jpeg0787.jpg

jpeg0788.jpg

jpeg0792.jpg

jpeg0795.jpg

jpeg0798.jpg

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Anyone know this car? Asked about it before on Vic Chat and no answer..seen it a few times now! I like :)

jpeg0800.jpg

jpeg0801.jpg

jpeg0802.jpg

jpeg0805.jpg

jpeg0806.jpg

jpeg0809.jpg

jpeg0810.jpg

jpeg0811.jpg

jpeg0812.jpg

jpeg0815.jpg

Edited by Shyfrd
  • Like 1

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 2d

might be my laptop but a lot of the beack ones look underexposed, pretty hard to go any longer on the shutter when shooting handheld, maybe up the ISO next time?

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

jpeg0819.jpg

jpeg0822.jpg

jpeg0824.jpg

jpeg0825.jpg

jpeg0826.jpg

jpeg0838.jpg

Lol, this is my mates (drives the ute in the very first car photo post. Absolute skid pig of a ute haha!) dog. Her terrified face when all the old 8s started up, rev the engines ready for the cruise haha.

molly4q.jpg

This is a mates minitruck he just recently got, just got PhotoShop CS5 installed the other day so gave my editing skills a go, certainly been quite a few years since I've used PS lol. I thought it came up alright. Again, open to criticism! :)

mackasuteausdaycruise.jpg

Edited by Shyfrd

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

That's a very useful book. Good move ordering that one. You'll learn a lot from it.

Really like the last shot. The exposure is spot on for the car.

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Thanks SHP, I had an idea they may have but was on the move as I was losing light that night and had no computer to connect the camera to lol. Oh well I'll be back down there in a couple months to see a mate I used to work for over summer, so I'll grab some more photos later on the afternoon and compare to these photos. I'm shattered I didn't grab a picture of the second beach (4th beach photo) on our last day. I reckon the lowest tide I've ever seen was there, all the rocks you never see under that sand and water in the photo were exposed, was crazy and definitely looked weird..water was easily 10m out further than that photo lol :huh:

Yeh AirStrike was the one who pointed me in the direction of that book..exposure is really the only thing that's confusing me now. Aperture I've got the idea of it, just no good on exposure lol this book should help me alot :sungum:

Thanks mate! Yeh it was the pick of the bunch in my eyes, not that they're really experienced though! Haha, my mate loves the shot so I'm happy.

Edited by Shyfrd

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Ahhh k, can't tell I'm a noob at this hahaha. I'll get there eventually. Think it's time I got my head into the book lol

Started a PhotoBucket profile, might make things a bit easier with uploading etc!

http://s1152.photobu...le/Shyfrd/index

Edited by Shyfrd

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 2d

good stuff shy, your getting there. its hard when doing it hand held. I took some shots over the wknd and was also running out of light. I think white cars need to be overcast?

I would have loved to have gone ot that aus day cruise over there. looked awesome.