pkooistra Member 88 Member For: 14y 10m 13d Gender: Male Posted 28/01/12 10:19 PM Posted 28/01/12 10:19 PM I ordered a FG MkII XR6 Turbo manual ute in November. I was originally told to expect delivery late December, then told late January.... Then told that there has been a delay on production of manual turbo utes, but not told why. I'm a pretty reasonable person and would probably be understanding if I actually knew why there has been such a delay. Does anybody on these forums work at Ford that could explain what's going on?
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 28/01/12 10:33 PM Posted 28/01/12 10:33 PM What a joke, u would think its coming from another country for a wait that long
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 28/01/12 11:14 PM Posted 28/01/12 11:14 PM Ask bunna
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/01/12 11:53 PM Posted 28/01/12 11:53 PM They always shutdown production over Xmas, if the orders were low they may have delayed restarting (have done this in the past from memory)?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 29/01/12 12:38 AM Posted 29/01/12 12:38 AM It's all Bunna's fault, he has been taking extended breaks and turning up for work late and putting all production behind time! sorry Bunna, could not help myself
captain Member 23 Member For: 16y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: melbourne victoria Posted 29/01/12 12:43 AM Posted 29/01/12 12:43 AM As a matter of fact Ratter that's true Bunna ask pinched the last 6 spd manual to put into his F6 ---I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.888805,145.149293
Verve Legacy Donating Member 126 Member For: 17y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 29/01/12 05:47 AM Posted 29/01/12 05:47 AM maybe they started quality control measures before Christmas. 1
Gussa Legacy Donating Member 220 Member For: 15y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gippsland Posted 29/01/12 09:01 AM Posted 29/01/12 09:01 AM maybe they started quality control measures before Christmas.In that case the wait will be way over a year
Riff Legacy Donating Member 670 Member For: 15y 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/01/12 09:06 AM Posted 29/01/12 09:06 AM Missus is still waiting for her FG LPI which was ordered in late November too.What colour did you order?
pkooistra Member 88 Member For: 14y 10m 13d Gender: Male Posted 29/01/12 09:39 AM Author Posted 29/01/12 09:39 AM I ordered mine in Silhouette with the luxury pack.There are four turbo manual ute demos listed on carsales. I just don't understand if they could make those four, why can't they make mine?!!!That sucks about your wife's car too. Makes you wonder what the hell they're doing at the factory.I emailed the dealer a little earlier today asking her to find out from Ford if I will have my ute before the end of Feb, if not I'll be cancelling my order.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now