Fg Xr6 N/a 0-100 Times -- Bogus Claims?

Breakdown

• Member For: 12y 4m 29d

I have a 5-speed 2010 XR6 N/A. According to Wikipedia's page about "Ford Falcon", it claims that the stock 5-speed FG XR6 N/A makes 0-100 in 6.2 seconds. However, my 5-speed FG XR6 N/A does 0-100 in just over 7 seconds. I had no passengers in the car and the boot was empty (but the fuel tank was full). I also had it in "Performance Drive" mode (naturally). The highway I did my 0-100 had no incline or turns; it was completely flat and straight.

I feel a bit jipped lol. I see videos on Youtube of guys getting their 5-speed N/A XR6s to do 0-100 in the low-to-mid 6 second range.

Do 0-100s vary from car to car of the same transmission, make and model? Obviously not every one of the same cars will post the exact same time, but I posted more than 1 second above Wikipedia's claim, which is a alot, I think.

Could it be that the type of tyres and their pressure affects 0-100s to such a degree? (I have the stock 17-inch Goodyear tyres on my XR6.)

Also, I am interested to hear from you guys on this forum and your personal 0-100s in your N/A FG XR6 (5- or 6-speed, and only stock).

Thanks chaps!

Edited by Breakdown

• Member For: 12y 4m 29d

6.2 seems abit optimistic in an n/a?

It does, but it was wikipedia that made this claim, and they're not always the best source for factual information. However, they claimed that Ford made this claim about the N/A 5-speed Auto. But I've seen guys' clips on Youtube who (allegedly) had a 5-speed N/A and they were posting times of about 6.5 seconds... so I don't know. Anyway, my 5-speed got just over 7 seconds with a full tank, just wondering if others' NAs got closer to the 6 second mark with theirs... Edited by Breakdown

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 24d

youtube and wiki aren't the most honest, easy for someone to post a downhill run as a 0-100. If you want to be quicker try more stall, better tyres or a few simple mods.

• 3 months later...