Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 22d
Posted

Hi all,

I have recently fitted my xr50 tubo with nolathane diff bushes. I have replaced all three bushes but now my car has a whine under acceleration which increases in frecuency with speed but as soon as I back off it goes away. Nothing else has been changed except I replaced my diff oil as the rear casing was weeping so I resealed it. I used Sin 80 oil which is the recomended oil. The diff is solid and has no play now with the new bushes and it all alligned perfectly. The car is only 13000kms old so I wouldn't think large pinion bearing would be at fault. Anyone got any ideas on what may be causing this?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Just having the Nolathane bushes is enough to transmit any vibration/noise/whine to the chassis of your T. It is very likely that the noise was always there, its just that with the old soft rubber diff bushes you weren't able to hear it. Any urethane bush will transmit more noise and harshness into the vehicle but also give greater control over movement that may have been present before. I would seriously doubt that a simple diff oil change would cause the whine you are now hearing.

  • Will do skids for food
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth SOR
Posted

I would seriously doubt that a simple diff oil change would cause the whine you are now hearing.

Unless he forgot to put the oil in.

Try banana peels, the price is coming right down now, half a dozen banana's are now cheaper than a diff rebuild.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Nah,

Feed in a few feet of liquorice and it will hopefully quieten it down...also makes the oil smell quite noice...

Lets hope he did oil it up!

  • ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I had SIN 80 in for 20k but changed to Castrol SAF-XA last weekend and it seems quieter, although I'd say your problem is the Nolathane bushes.

Were your stock bushes rooted already? Whoever installed the new bushes should have warned you it might become louder.

  • Banned
  • Member For: 14y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: perth wa
Posted

what oil did you put in mate? fitted loads of nolathane bushes in my time and never even heard of them transmitting noise.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

my car has a whine under acceleration which increases in frecuency with speed but as soon as I back off it goes away.

I am surprised someone hasn't gone for it so please let me do the honours...

Is your missus in the car when you hear the whine!

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...