Boganspeed Will do skids for food Legacy Donating Member 1,177 Member For: 14y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth SOR Posted 13/11/11 08:29 AM Posted 13/11/11 08:29 AM Has anyone done any mods to allow the steering column in the FG's to adjust a little higher ?IMO they sit too low and I can't see the top edges of the speedo and tacho, even with the seat all the way down and back and the column all the way out and up.I'm 6'2" so I'm not rediculously tall, the distance to the pedals and everything else is fine, just the steering wheel is too low.Looking at the steering column cover in the fully raised position, it looks like the column could lift another 10 to 15mm which would make it okay.FYI, I don't get my ute for a few weeks yet, but I'd tried messing around in demo utes, I had a decent play and couldnt get it to a spot where I was really happy with it.I can live with it, but it would be cool to be able to get that extra 10-15mm.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/11/11 02:06 AM Posted 14/11/11 02:06 AM Not just a ute thing, definite pain in the proverbial on the FG. The Ford engineers are obviously all short-arses.I can't see the top of the speedo etc. without ducking down a bit, negate the issue by showing the current speed on the digital display instead. The actual steering wheel position is comfortable but if the dash was an inch lower it'd be perfect me thinks.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 14/11/11 02:49 AM Posted 14/11/11 02:49 AM I'm pretty tall myself.. Do you guys have the seat lowered as far as it goes?
Boganspeed Will do skids for food Legacy Donating Member 1,177 Member For: 14y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: Perth SOR Posted 14/11/11 04:35 AM Author Posted 14/11/11 04:35 AM All the way down and all the way back Brenno.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 14/11/11 04:41 AM Posted 14/11/11 04:41 AM I must have duck legs or something because I can't put the seat all the way back otherwise I can't get the clutch to the firewall.. All Torso here
Gonadman2 Member 140 Member For: 19y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth - WA Posted 14/11/11 07:12 AM Posted 14/11/11 07:12 AM I remember reading in wheels that the Ford engineers deliberately raised the dash height to combat complaints that you sit to tall in AU/BA/BF. FWIW I sat in my old EF the other day and that thing feels like the dash is down around your feet by comparison.
Gussa Legacy Donating Member 220 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Gippsland Posted 14/11/11 11:19 AM Posted 14/11/11 11:19 AM Haha I noticed this too. My knees keep hitting the flip key. Very annoying. I'm only 5' 11"
brazam Legacy Donating Member 42 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 17/11/11 06:07 AM Posted 17/11/11 06:07 AM Only 5'11" ha, I jacked my seat all the way up and still can't replicate your problem. Finally duck syndrome pays off, thanks mum and dad I take back all I have said in the past
lach Member 83 Member For: 15y 10m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/12/11 10:31 PM Posted 21/12/11 10:31 PM big problem for me - I'm 6ft 5"knees hit the bottom of the steering wheel, seat all the way back and all the way down!!!steering wheel needs to go up a bit more... need a solution to this..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now