Psychotiq Member 37 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 01/11/11 02:55 AM Posted 01/11/11 02:55 AM was wondering where I could locate the fuel pressure regulator on an 07 bf T.Im keen to replace mine as I believe it's the cause of my rough starts after the car has been sitting for a few hours. Leaning towards this because I've already done the batter, coils, and plugs. Any and all help appreciated, thanks!
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 01/11/11 04:35 AM Posted 01/11/11 04:35 AM At the back of the fuel rail. It has the vacuum line connected to it. What about the pump?
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 01/11/11 05:46 AM Posted 01/11/11 05:46 AM Is it tuned? and if so does it come good after about 30seconds on a warm start?
Psychotiq Member 37 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 01/11/11 07:46 AM Author Posted 01/11/11 07:46 AM nah shes dead stock. vibrations seem to go away after 5- 10min of driving
Psychotiq Member 37 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 01/11/11 08:11 AM Author Posted 01/11/11 08:11 AM but damn she shakes hard on start. been ongoing for months now. nobody can seem to fix it. also can smell petrol around the car sometimes. and oil had a petrol smell the other day. not sure if thays normal or not
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 01/11/11 08:47 AM Posted 01/11/11 08:47 AM oil smell in petrol is not a good sign
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 01/11/11 10:09 AM Posted 01/11/11 10:09 AM Sounds like a leaking injector. May pay to get them serviced.
Psychotiq Member 37 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 01/11/11 10:56 AM Author Posted 01/11/11 10:56 AM yeah might get them serviced. unless they have to be replaced
Psychotiq Member 37 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 06/11/11 11:29 AM Author Posted 06/11/11 11:29 AM bleh seems like my injectors are fine, had em looked at a few days ago. I pulled my sparks out today just to check them as well, they seem good. I did notice in a few of my coils though that there was dried up brown residue, looked to be fuel. was only on 3 of them though, 6,5,2 if I can recall, is that a bad sign? or normal?
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 5d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 06/11/11 08:43 PM Posted 06/11/11 08:43 PM did you get the squirters tested or just look at them?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now