Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted (edited)

After owning my f6 for nearly 2 years I finally got what I wanted to do done. Since buying it the only thing I did was a K&n filter and xr8 lower airbox and snorkel and wanted a heap more but just couldn't do it all at once. So after talking to Dave sheehy from cpv and learning a heap from this forums saved my penny's and did this-

Process west stage 2 intercooler

Turbo back 4" xforce exhaust

1000cc xspurt injectors

Stainless airbox & battery kit

Ported turbo

Xcal 3

Gapped plugs

Custom tune done on the road and then the dyno.

I did all the work myself except the tuning and exhaust porting which was a bit of a mission in the time I had but all worth it in the end.

The results from the first dyno run put a smile on my face immediately.

First run was 375rwkw after Dave did the street tune then after he played with it a bit we got 391.5rwkw. Then Dave had another play and it was shooting up until 397rwkw and the valves didn't like that much boost so he had another play with less boost and we got 403.8rwkw with the valves handling it. Unfortunately my car had about 15ltrs of 95 unleaded (needed fuel and no 98 anywhere close) with the rest bp ultimate 98. Next on my list is a surge tank, fuel pump and valve springs. I'm still learning heaps about these cars and the whole tuning process as I'm definitely no genius but loving the process so far. Unfortunately the dyno printer wasn't working but I took some pics of the screen with my phone which I'll try and upload. The car amazed me straight away driving smoother than stock, nice note from the exhaust and crazy induction and flutter from the stainless intake when given a squirt. The 3 tunes on the xcal 3 are 3000rpm, 391 &403.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Edited by 234Fpv
  • Like 1
  • UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

nice work,I bet your loving it!! :spoton::icon_ford:

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted

Oh and I forgot to mention and thank Staza-brendan for his help fitting the exhaust. Couldn't have done it alone

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Mate, you got some very good numbers. Enjoy. The boost bug bites yet again !!!!!

  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

what a great result. good work mate! now some videos :P will you get it retuned with 98 (will it make a difference?) or leave it as is??

  • Pitlane Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pakenham, Victoria
Posted

Well done mate, you obviously did your research here and it paid off!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted

Yeah fpv6t it's unreal. It's like a completely different car yet keeping everything I liked about it stock.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted

That is on 19psi. I can't believe how drivable it is. Power comes on nice and smooth yet feels like it's going to put you in the back seat. I will have to get a few pics and videos up.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

post-46946-131885003754_thumb.jpg

post-46946-131885007398_thumb.jpg

post-46946-131885010004_thumb.jpg

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...