MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 24d Gender: Male Posted 16/10/11 12:24 AM Posted 16/10/11 12:24 AM I have a G6ET with the "old" B module and my iPhone 4 has never really worked like it should, not connecting, answering but no sound for 30seconds and other problems, fine to make calls when connected thoughSo Fraud wants $600 or something crazy to upgrade it!The other day I scored an iphone4s and to my surprise it's so far working as normal, I mean it connects answers calls displays numbers and all, and even better siri works through the factory system!So I'm driving along tap the phone button, then press and hold, wait for beep, then "send message, message Pam your a dickhead (missus)... Send! bam done, awesome! I'm wrapped... Also you can dictate notes and reminders etc, through the icc, occasionally you need to touch the phone when it cant understand what your saying, but all round it's very positiveAlso setting reminders based on location is awesome, when I get home remind me to do something... I get home and buzzzz buzzzz, lolSiri defiantly needs improvement and Australian business location support, but it's still beta, I'm just glad my phone works LOL if it continues working I'm stoked cos I was going to waste $600 on the bt module c upgrade, but not now.
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 16/10/11 01:34 AM Posted 16/10/11 01:34 AM (edited) good to hear! siri is a decent upgrade in the 4s, have never bothered with previous voice controls before as they dont understand sh*t. I like the 1080p record and 8mp camera, but as im only one year into my iphone 4 contract..iOs5 will do haha Edited 16/10/11 01:34 AM by Shyfrd
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 16/10/11 02:18 AM Posted 16/10/11 02:18 AM noice... was in same boat as u Mex.just read this, logged in to my optus account, clicked I want to - "Upgrade My Phone" and it said I was eligible Now I can expect a courieer at my workshop tuesday with my 4s hey does that voice to text sh*t cost extra? I didnt really read my plan details, just went oh, new phone? click click click...
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/10/11 05:01 AM Posted 16/10/11 05:01 AM Free messaging iphone to iphone with the new ios5.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/10/11 05:24 AM Posted 16/10/11 05:24 AM Did you try the iPhone 4 using the latest iOS?
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 16/10/11 05:52 AM Posted 16/10/11 05:52 AM I get unlimited free sms/mms anyway.got me jailbreak all lined up waitin fo when I get home tues night
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/10/11 06:02 AM Posted 16/10/11 06:02 AM Mine stuffs up every now and again, update? Lol.
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 24d Gender: Male Posted 16/10/11 06:08 AM Author Posted 16/10/11 06:08 AM Did you try the iPhone 4 using the latest iOS?yes I did I still have itand no good, its not the software (OS5) but the hardware, iphone 4S has different bluetooth hardware, seems to work, still working but today I started car and turned it off then started again a min later didnt auto connect, but press the phone button on steering wheel and it re connected... still working well for now... I'll wait and see what happened in a few weeks...
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 12d Gender: Male Posted 16/10/11 06:39 AM Posted 16/10/11 06:39 AM The 4S has bluetooth 4.0 appose to the 4's bluetooth 2.1
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/10/11 06:51 AM Posted 16/10/11 06:51 AM Cool.I'm surprised so many people are upgrading from 4 to 4S. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.It's good to see Telstra finally competitive on their plans now. I've been with Optus for the last 10 years. This will be the last year.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now