Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth | Busselton
Posted

Bolt feels solid, and pic shows the bush has come away from the sleeve / tubing, looks like a manufacture fault. Pat supplied these bushes in November 2010 and is sending me a new one to be put in next week and I'll have a full diagnosis then when it's on a hoist as I can't get my axle stand safely in there. Car has done 9000km's of mainly highway cruising with a little squirt in 2nd here and there - quite sedate!

Watch this space....

imag0212comfortbushfail.jpg

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 1d
Posted

Getting mine changed from the factory bushes to the comfort ones on wednesday. Right hand side front bush is stuffed, its a bf2 with 128k.

Stock power, will be modding to 350ish next year.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth NOR
Posted

Bolt feels solid, and pic shows the bush has come away from the sleeve / tubing, looks like a manufacture fault. Pat supplied these bushes in November 2010 and is sending me a new one to be put in next week and I'll have a full diagnosis then when it's on a hoist as I can't get my axle stand safely in there. Car has done 9000km's of mainly highway cruising with a little squirt in 2nd here and there - quite sedate!

Watch this space....

imag0212comfortbushfail.jpg

Was there any warning ie noises etc, prior to it letting go? This looks nasty, how driveable was it with it like this?

Hopefully the ones I have in my car(done July this year) are from a different batch. I've only done 1500km since they were fitted, next time I get a wheel alignment done by WA Suspension I'll get them to double check the bush.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth | Busselton
Posted

No warning, little vibration of driveline.. mainly when taking foot off accelerator, crawled it home 2km's and very lucky I wasn't far away, could of happened the day before on my 300km trip home from Perth!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...