mattxr6tute Member 32 Member For: 15y 4d Gender: Male Location: Australia Queensland Posted 03/10/11 02:09 PM Posted 03/10/11 02:09 PM Ok, so my BA 03 ute is currently stock, and I'm ordering a new K & N Filter replacement... Does anyone else use this and what difference did you notice straight up??
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 5d Gender: Male Posted 03/10/11 08:14 PM Posted 03/10/11 08:14 PM I think most people on here probably chose that as there 1st mod. It doesn't make a huge difference but you will feel a bit more responsiveness and a bit more induction noise. Put the typhoon second intake on or knock one up yourself for the full benefit.
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/10/11 11:34 AM Posted 07/10/11 11:34 AM K&N Filter is supposed to help more when you get a custom tune rather than whilst the car is stock. I'm using one and have not had any issues with it. I think it has helped but I haven't really done a before and after comparison.
Cheaty McCheats Totally not a Cop Legacy Donating Member 821 Member For: 15y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/10/11 11:15 PM Posted 07/10/11 11:15 PM With a stock car, I didn't notice any difference.Even after putting the typhoon snorkel on, I didn't notice anything major.Putting a K&N pod off the turbo into the corner where the battery is, is a different story :D
daztbo FLY-FPV Legacy Donating Member 474 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Greensborough Vic Posted 08/10/11 12:49 PM Posted 08/10/11 12:49 PM There is no difference from stock and if there was you wouldn't feel it the only good thing about it is you never have to buy a filter every service because you can clean it with water and respray it with the k&n recharge kit but like crashed said a pod filter off the turbo is much better more responsive because there is less travel for the air to get to the turbo
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/10/11 10:41 PM Posted 08/10/11 10:41 PM For argument sake try and blow through your stand filter and see how much comes through then blow through a K&N or similar, there is a difference...IMO if an airbox isn't being considered any time soon then this is a $80 mod worth doing, drill a few holes in the bottom of your airbox while ya there too.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 09/10/11 03:01 AM Posted 09/10/11 03:01 AM get a BMC filter instead, they give you an extra 0.5kw instead of K&N's 0.49kw
daztbo FLY-FPV Legacy Donating Member 474 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Greensborough Vic Posted 09/10/11 03:49 AM Posted 09/10/11 03:49 AM Lol a 0.5 kw gain that's massive haha it would be un noticeable like I said no real difference that you can feel
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 10/10/11 01:40 AM Posted 10/10/11 01:40 AM Alright now who's ready for a really really really stupid question.. I'm fairly sure of the answer but I just want to check with the knowledge base. I just bought a new CAI which comes with a cotton pod filter. It's not K&N.. Not actually sure of the brand.. The filter isn't pre-oiled and the instruction state :"If washing is required clean, wash in warm water and dry completely before re-fitting".. Now I'm almost positive that I shouldn't be fitting a non-oiled cotton filter... It looks exactly the same as a K&N pod I had previously on a WRX.. You're supposed to oil all cotton filters aren't ya (Just the K&N recharge kit)?? I just don't wanna go spray oil on something that I shouldn't..
daztbo FLY-FPV Legacy Donating Member 474 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Greensborough Vic Posted 10/10/11 02:51 AM Posted 10/10/11 02:51 AM if the filter never came oiled I wouldnt spray anything on it its prob designed to run dry unlike the k&n ones that need to be oiled
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now