timetaker Legacy Donating Member 217 Member For: 15y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 30/09/11 11:11 AM Posted 30/09/11 11:11 AM I recently had my rear left wheel clip a supermarket entrance(more like an entrance for micro cars!) as I was turning into it's car park.I have read some posts going back a few years and learnt that not many businesses can really do a 100% job especially on the polished/lacquered type mags.I was quoted $1,000 for one new rim at the dealership.I also went to a smash repair business that was actually recommended and is used by the dealership.They could improve the rim but would not guarantee a "as new" look.You can see from the picture the damage is not extensive approximately 2cm long.I was resided to the fact I might have to just leave it until myfather suggested to take a look at the spare wheel .I told him manufacturers these days tend not to supply a full-sized spare tyre let alone a sports rim identical to the other wheels...luckily I was wrong.I am going to have the gutter rash wheel replaced by the spare rim and swap the tyres so that the damaged rim becomes the spare with the unused tyre.It may seen like a trivial thing but it's funny how it can play with you mind especially if you want to keep the car in top condition.I just have to be careful not to do it again!
PCW Legacy Donating Member 181 Member For: 18y 7m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/09/11 06:21 PM Posted 30/09/11 06:21 PM Maybe give these guys a call and have a chat. I also need to speak with them about a similar issue.http://www.advancedalloys.com.au/home/Cheers,Pete
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/09/11 11:17 PM Posted 30/09/11 11:17 PM Recently doing a bit of looking around myself, not for the same reason as yours, but a lot of wheel repair places I found online claim that there work is 'as new' once finished.For example, http://www.wheelfixit.com.au/
timetaker Legacy Donating Member 217 Member For: 15y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/11 01:22 AM Author Posted 01/10/11 01:22 AM Thanks guys, I still might replace the wheel with the spare but now knowing of at least two businesses that seems to be able to do the job to 100%,I'll try and get the rim to one of the shops recommended at a future time.It's ridiculous that nothing like these businesses exist in Geelong!
spinr33 Legacy Donating Member 964 Member For: 15y 1m 16d Posted 01/10/11 01:45 AM Posted 01/10/11 01:45 AM Wheels in Ballarat also offer this service and ive seen some pretty wrecked wheels go in and come out as new its my understanding that their re-welded then ground back then repainted so should be asnew.http://www.wheelsaustralia.com.au/contact.html
Bolan Member 12 Member For: 15y 10m 26d Posted 03/10/11 05:10 AM Posted 03/10/11 05:10 AM does anyone know of any Sydney Based wheel repairers
juicinup Member 30 Member For: 15y 4d Posted 05/10/11 03:21 AM Posted 05/10/11 03:21 AM Pretty sure there was a workshop called MagMan, it was in Punchbowl, but that's going back a bit. He may still be there....
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 05/10/11 04:23 AM Posted 05/10/11 04:23 AM Google is your friend guys... Just do a search 'wheel repairs (insert state, city)' and enter..
JET50T Legacy Donating Member 152 Member For: 15y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 05/10/11 06:00 AM Posted 05/10/11 06:00 AM Virgin Wheel repairs in Sydney. Use them for work. Wheels always come back looking perfect.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now