jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 10d Posted 29/09/11 11:16 AM Posted 29/09/11 11:16 AM True..Ive had Harrops , AP's and now Brembos...End of the day.. on the street you wont notice the price difference..If anything Pad material will be more noticable Asthetically they are porn !!
wa g6et Member 657 Member For: 15y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 29/09/11 03:04 PM Author Posted 29/09/11 03:04 PM (edited) Spot on about the pads, Harrops use bendix ultimates and have done their design and r&d using them. Great pad work pretty good when cold and will be fairly kind on the rotors but hell dusty. Guess that's the compromise.When I replace pads I will going with Harrops choice(already have spare set of pads Harrops gave me for waiting so long).What pads do the Brembos use? Or what goes best? Edited 29/09/11 03:05 PM by wa g6et
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Posted 29/09/11 04:12 PM Posted 29/09/11 04:12 PM What do the STD replacement pads cost?I sh*t my pants when I saw the price of some pads for the 6pot brembos LOL
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 10d Posted 29/09/11 08:59 PM Posted 29/09/11 08:59 PM Yeah Brembo pads are expensive. But theres plenty of choice thank god.Im currently on Bendix SRT's on the front and Bendix Heavy duty rears. Suprisingly theyre not too dust,,just abit growly when theyre cold.Even have choice of DBA rotors insted of flipping for originals. Huge savings especially when you pay wholesale prices. You can basically halve it.
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 10d Posted 29/09/11 09:03 PM Posted 29/09/11 09:03 PM To give you an idea front SRT's cost me 190 and rotors 580..I can live with those prices..
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/09/11 11:11 PM Posted 29/09/11 11:11 PM for PMU HC+ I was paying about $330 for the front pair, 6 pot ... which seems to be an alright price in my books.
wa g6et Member 657 Member For: 15y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 30/09/11 01:13 AM Author Posted 30/09/11 01:13 AM (edited) I will have to check Harrops rotor replacement prices. I am hoping as two piece and only needing rotor not hat the price might not be that bad(hoping). Bendix pads not too pricey?I will get the part no of the Bendix box at home and get a price for them. Edited 30/09/11 01:15 AM by wa g6et
wa g6et Member 657 Member For: 15y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 30/09/11 01:34 AM Author Posted 30/09/11 01:34 AM What is difference b/w Bendix SRTs and Ultimates? Besides the SRT being way more expensive.What do people prefer.Appears Harrops fronts part no is DB1355 and rear Db1356 in Bendix Ultimates, and a quick check shows on ebay around $110 for front or rear.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 30/09/11 01:44 AM Posted 30/09/11 01:44 AM Iv'e run both on 2 different Phoons.DBA slotted rotors and RTS pads , just awesome. great bite and very little fade after a proper bollocking.Far better than the factory Brembo setup which cracked the slotted and drilled rotors.You will need a cleaning cloth or Dark Argents to hide the brake dust however
SteveJH Member 52 Member For: 16y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle, NSW Posted 30/09/11 03:32 AM Posted 30/09/11 03:32 AM I will have to check Harrops rotor replacement prices. I am hoping as two piece and only needing rotor not hat the price might not be that bad(hoping).If Harrop make their own Rotors, it might even be worth speaking to DBA to see if they make a rotor to fit the Harrop's?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now