Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 25d
Posted

he everyone,

I have had my fg turbo for about 4 months now and after having to get work done on the turbo I finally have the money to do some work on the engine.

I have been quoted the following..

sniper tune

injectors

fuel pump

actuator

fuel pump

dyno time

these mods apparently should give me just over 400hp

and this has all come to $3600. Its more then I planned spending for this seeing as I also want to do the cold air, fmic, exhaust.

Just seeing what everyones thoughts are about if this is the way to go, and reasonable price.

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

That seems extremely expensive for essentially no bolt on parts just a tune.

X3 Flash box, injectors, high flow cat, replacement alloy intercooler piping and tune should be roughly same price maybe a bit cheaper and seems to be a more realistic approach. But that's just my opinion.

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

https://www.plazmaman.com/shop/?action=listCategoryItems&catId=12

Have a look on here mate pick a kit, get a flash tuner and a set of injectors to go with should set u back 1750 at worst I would think and you should see some decent power, more the the car will probly feel alot better to drive I would think

Who was that quote through may I ask ?

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

That sounds farkin steep for a sniper tune and those mods, also seem like random mods as well.

Why sniper?

Ild do

Xcal 3 $750

Custom tune $750

Injectors fitted $500

Cat fitted $350

$2350 and should see ~300rwkw.

Then

$999 for a Pwr cooler

$600 for a "stainless 4" intake and battery relo"

Should max the stock turbo at ~320

  • You've changed man....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805
Posted (edited)

could save money by only getting one fuel pump. (dont think you even need that :dontknow: )

with that money add the coolerworx piping to henz list and you will be a very happy camper...

p.s.

Should max the stock turbo at ~320

he's talkin bout rwkw not hp :buttrock:

Edited by STAINLESS
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 9d
Posted

Pretty sure the fuel pumps on FGs are pretty good. Injectors im not too sure but thought they were pretty good too. Maybe go a high flow cat,intercooler,intake and better piping and then tune.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 25d
Posted

I called them up today they said the price was high because its a ute which makes it harder to install the fuel pump.

Anyway in W.A who have tuned and modded please let me know where you went and what you got

ok so here is the actual quote and prices...

injectors 60lb/hr $518

spacers 20mm $ 13.64

actuator 12.7 psi t25 2" $ 140.59

actuator ext rod $ 23.04

coolant $76.19

mechanical labourt $500

pump elec fuel $325

pump plug and harness $31

hose fuel submersible line $48.20

thermostat $35

mechanical labour $400

sniper interface $ 495

custom tune $395

dyno use $436

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 25d
Posted

I work a couple doors down from BPT who use the sniper interface so it was the easy choice, I just pushed the installs off for 2 weeks whilst I decide what I am going to do.

That sounds farkin steep for a sniper tune and those mods, also seem like random mods as well.

Why sniper?

Ild do

Xcal 3 $750

Custom tune $750

Injectors fitted $500

Cat fitted $350

$2350 and should see ~300rwkw.

Then

$999 for a Pwr cooler

$600 for a "stainless 4" intake and battery relo"

Should max the stock turbo at ~320

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 25d
Posted

Pretty sure the fuel pumps on FGs are pretty good. Injectors im not too sure but thought they were pretty good too. Maybe go a high flow cat,intercooler,intake and better piping and then tune.

becuase I am gonna do the whole cooler I am not gonna bother doing the piping

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 25d
Posted

https://www.plazmaman.com/shop/?action=listCategoryItems&catId=12

Have a look on here mate pick a kit, get a flash tuner and a set of injectors to go with should set u back 1750 at worst I would think and you should see some decent power, more the the car will probly feel alot better to drive I would think

Who was that quote through may I ask ?

BPT motorsport in Wangara

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...