SPOOLAX Skids? Legacy Donating Member 975 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/07/11 09:50 AM Posted 04/07/11 09:50 AM (edited) HelloHas anyone used this setup or simler on there ZF and what have been the results been?My FG will be out of warrenty soon and I dont what a milkshake soon after http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-FG-Falcon-4-5-6-Speed-Automatic-Oil-Cooler-Kit-/150608466849?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2310f6d3a1 Edited 04/07/11 09:50 AM by SPOOLAX
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/07/11 10:17 AM Posted 04/07/11 10:17 AM yer this whole 'milkshake' thing is being thrown around a bit now, whats the go with it? what are others doing?
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/07/11 10:44 AM Posted 04/07/11 10:44 AM just realised there are a couple of threads already on this heat exchange thing
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/07/11 10:45 AM Posted 04/07/11 10:45 AM For $300 it would deffinitly be worth a look, especially if your warranty is runnin out.
jasfg Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: frankston Posted 04/07/11 11:14 AM Posted 04/07/11 11:14 AM I wonder if the auto would work right with this cooler ?
SPOOLAX Skids? Legacy Donating Member 975 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/07/11 11:15 AM Author Posted 04/07/11 11:15 AM Yer $300 is better than a new zf! Yer I seen other threads but not much info on aftermarket coolers that work
jasfg Legacy Donating Member 61 Member For: 15y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: frankston Posted 04/07/11 11:18 AM Posted 04/07/11 11:18 AM (edited) Yer $300 is better than a new zf! Yer I seen other threads but not much info on aftermarket coolers that workI wonder if u got 2 aftermarket coolers and butted them back to back , have one cooler for transfluid and one for coolant that way the coolant is still warming up the transfluid , and keeping it in the normal zone [ just thinking out loud here] as my FG is out of warranty [ well the warranty is now void ] Edited 04/07/11 11:19 AM by jasfg
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/07/11 11:22 PM Posted 04/07/11 11:22 PM That's another thing, I'm sure an aftermarket tranny cooler will void your driveline warranty anyway so really ya farked either way..
KWIK F6 Legacy Donating Member 526 Member For: 17y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/07/11 12:10 AM Posted 05/07/11 12:10 AM Ive also been sussing out these cooler kits for my F6...Surely there has to be someone that has fitted a external trans cooler to zf...For $300 its cheap insurance..that's if it will allow the trans to work as per normal
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 24d Gender: Male Posted 05/07/11 02:54 AM Posted 05/07/11 02:54 AM I have bought one from that ebay seller (furious8), and picked it up from his transmission shop. he says there is no problems with the tranny after putting it on.the member in that thread I linked to (phooned) says its worked ok too.I haven't installed mine yet, but I will post up when I do.I managed to get a couple of litres of zf fluid so I can pre fill the cooler and piping to keep the level the same.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now