Clicking Noise When Cold

STYLZEE

• Member For: 15y 10m 30d

Hey guys.

For about a month now my car when cold makes this weird clicking noise it almost sounds like a lawn mower or something and then when it warms up it goes away?

I have serviced the boost solenoid and it still does it any ideas?

Cheers

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 22d

Could be your idle pulley. Mine did something similar. Am guessing as it heats up - it expands so doesn't make that noise around the spindle :dontknow: Anyway PitLane diagnosed it and it went away after it was replaced :thumbsup:

• Member For: 20y 2m 14d

Mine does this too after first 2 mins of start up not loud like a lawnmower but still ticky. I thought it was lifters for a while but after changing oil viscosity still there. Might try a stethoscope or just go to fraud.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 22d

Just have the bonnet open and start the engine. You should be able to hear it near the idle pulley which is the little wheel near top left of front of engine looped under the belt - I wrote up a thread about it on the forum with pics . Idle pulley is about $50 I think from memory :beerchug:

Edited by EvilDaifu

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

Just have the bonnet open and start the engine. You should be able to hear it near the idle pulley which is the little wheel near top left of front of engine looped under the belt - I wrote up a thread about it on the forum with pics . Idle pulley is about $50 I think from memory :beerchug:

*Searches EvilDaifu's content*

• Member For: 15y 10m 30d

that's exactly where it is that's probably it!

Its been driving me crazy.. Going into the shop on monday so ill get them to check it out!

Thanks mate.