richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 14/01/04 09:04 PM Posted 14/01/04 09:04 PM just wondering if there are any BA XR8 websites around that are similar to this website?? Name aside, this IS the forum for you. We cater for all the BA series performance cars. Hang around and share your XR 8 experiences with us if/when you buy. There are many here who either have a XR8 or GT, or are considering the change.
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 14/01/04 11:45 PM Posted 14/01/04 11:45 PM Yeah, this is pretty much it right here. Maybe a BA XR8 section? That would be cool.
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 8m 27d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 15/01/04 01:00 AM Posted 15/01/04 01:00 AM Yeah, this is pretty much it right here. Maybe a BA XR8 section? That would be cool. yea, I'd be all for having an XR8 forum... I mean, this site was started for the XR6t, but it has gotten bigger, and not that there is people with XR8's, GT's etc here, and there is already one here for the GT with the FPV forum...lets get an XR8 one goin!
RATT Member 230 Member For: 23y 10m 25d Location: Sydney Posted 15/01/04 04:39 AM Posted 15/01/04 04:39 AM damn I have only heard of these problems with the XR8's#1: Droping oil on the garage floorim working at a ford dealership, looking after the mecho's and havent heard anything of this on any xr8.. I'll second that.Rumours, so many rumours. Ditto here too. I'm at a dealer and have not had any XR8 with this problem. How about cam chain tensioners (leak down causing chain rattle at startup) & diffs (pinion bearing &/or preload misadjustment) Yep know of one out of where I work but not common.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 15/01/04 05:05 AM Posted 15/01/04 05:05 AM Yeah, this is pretty much it right here. Maybe a BA XR8 section? That would be cool. Anything is possible.. PM ADMIN and ask.
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 8m 27d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 16/02/04 10:15 AM Posted 16/02/04 10:15 AM 1500 dont go far on much at all these days...but think of it this way...put a turbo from a 6T onto an 8, and run them against each other... I think I know which would win =/
BADXR8 Member 37 Member For: 23y 21d Posted 18/02/04 12:59 AM Posted 18/02/04 12:59 AM I had a run with two mates. One owns a 300kw VT SS, the other owns a standard BA XR8, both manuals. My 300kw XR8 was beaten by a car length by the VT & line ball with the std XR8. Not too happy about the std XR being even, but not too shabby for two BA's keeping up with a worked VT with a 200kg advantadge !!
Guest ozzyjim Guests Posted 19/02/04 05:37 AM Posted 19/02/04 05:37 AM Hey bad, what have you had done to the xr8 to get those numbers??CheersJim
BADXR8 Member 37 Member For: 23y 21d Posted 19/02/04 08:41 AM Posted 19/02/04 08:41 AM Hey ozzyjim, It's got Herrods complete exhaust system and a K&N replacement. Haven't had it dynoed yet, so the power figure is only an assumption. Anybody know of the stad rwkw ?I think if the XR8 had the gearing of the XR6T, possibly be a different story in qtr mile times. But qtr mile ain't everything
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 19/02/04 10:02 AM Posted 19/02/04 10:02 AM I've got to admit guys, if the price diference XR8 to XR6T was the same in a sedan as it is in a Ute, I would be going for the 8! I just love the V8's. - 1/4 mile times don't mean a lot to me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now