redish Member 9 Member For: 15y 7m 14d Posted 10/05/11 01:11 PM Posted 10/05/11 01:11 PM hi guys does any 1 have a t3540 turbo for sale and how much asap
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 10/05/11 09:20 PM Posted 10/05/11 09:20 PM A user on here Shaneo_1 is selling one that's been ported and had the flapper mod done and bigger actuator for $1200 I think. Here's his no. +61 428 279 001
Luuke New Member 14 Member For: 15y 6m 27d Posted 13/05/11 10:12 AM Posted 13/05/11 10:12 AM I got one that needs new bearings, someone can have it cheap if they want.Stock BA / aka f6 size turbo.
FPV022 Member 11 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Waikerie Posted 16/05/11 11:59 AM Posted 16/05/11 11:59 AM Hi there,I'm after one too to fit to a mates car as the bearings are stuffed, preferably standard as is standard car and the less k's on the turbo the better, no cheap brand new ones on market atm that I can find, bought a brand new replacement from PCPA and turbo failed within 5km's, so need to get money back and find a replacement asap, cheers Matt
jonn Member 141 Member For: 17y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Carrum, VIC Posted 16/05/11 12:07 PM Posted 16/05/11 12:07 PM http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FG-FPV-XR6T-Garrett-Turbo-Charger-GT3540-Modified-WGate-/360361523201?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e7387801#ht_1591wt_905
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/05/11 12:49 PM Posted 16/05/11 12:49 PM Hi there,I'm after one too to fit to a mates car as the bearings are stuffed, preferably standard as is standard car and the less k's on the turbo the better, no cheap brand new ones on market atm that I can find, bought a brand new replacement from PCPA and turbo failed within 5km's, so need to get money back and find a replacement asap, cheers MattYou did of course clean the turbo oil supply screen and check for oil at the turbo after start up??http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FG-FPV-XR6T-Garrett-Turbo-Charger-GT3540-Modified-WGate-/360361523201?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e7387801#ht_1591wt_905That seller has his hand on it. New units can be had for that sort of money, and damaged cores can be rebearinged and balanced for less than that!
Luuke New Member 14 Member For: 15y 6m 27d Posted 17/05/11 02:03 AM Posted 17/05/11 02:03 AM Just to let people know, Stao from Hypergear in Melbourne re-bearing these turbos for $660 which is amazing value.
FPV022 Member 11 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Waikerie Posted 17/05/11 03:14 AM Posted 17/05/11 03:14 AM Yea, thanks that was definitely the first thing I did lol, I removed screen and fitted a full braided line with Earl's filter, checked oil pressure and actual flow, all ok. I'll have to try and get my money back first before buying a new one, when purchased I was under the assumption it was a Garrett GT3540 replacement but it obviously is a cheap chinese imitation My link that's the link to where I got the new turbo which has since failed, thanks Luuke, wow that is cheap not sure exactly what ill do yet, I probably would've had the turbo re-bearinged but was trying to save time as jus straight replacement as my mate needs his car back asap although that plan has now turned sour lol. Thanks guys.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/05/11 03:26 AM Posted 17/05/11 03:26 AM Hahaha just checked your link, I could tell you some stories about that company....You didnt happen to deal with Harry did you???
FPV022 Member 11 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Waikerie Posted 17/05/11 08:15 AM Posted 17/05/11 08:15 AM Na well the guy in contact only through email, no phone numbers is Bob, the performace shoppe guy is Harry who we have spoke to and he has said there is no link up with them but who knows, I just want to get my money back and get a decent turbo to get my mate running again lol, cheers Matt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now