RynoF6 Idiot Member Legacy Donating Member 446 Member For: 16y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook, NSW Posted 07/06/11 09:42 AM Author Posted 07/06/11 09:42 AM (edited) Was all go for the work 02c wheels then the supplier after checking with the factory tells me the wheel got discontinued last week.Now going for the BBS CH black wheels in 8.5/9.5 +35, Redrilled pcd. Cant wait as the dark argents and tires are smashed up that bad my car is undrivable. Edited 07/06/11 09:43 AM by RynoF6
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 22d Posted 07/06/11 10:40 AM Posted 07/06/11 10:40 AM Fitted up my FR19's to my FGFronts are 19x9 and rears 19x10' respectively. Rear tyres are 275/30 ..and with SSSL kings have no clearance issues. Sit flush with the guard.Now its the offsets Im not sure of. But Ill measure them up if any ones interested.I was previously running the FR,s at 8.5 and 9.5.. and thanks to a certain wheel whore with a black XR8 on this forum ...I was left wondering.. what if ?!?!? So I did and am extremely pleased with the results..Maybe Tochi can figure out the offsets ???
gkors Member 32 Member For: 15y 4m 9d Posted 07/06/11 11:29 AM Posted 07/06/11 11:29 AM Best way is to measure your backspace, should give you an idea of where the wheel will sit. From the backspace you will get the offset.So your 8.5 -9" rim will give you 6" backspace, which gives you the +32 and 25 offsets.Measure out 6" from your hub and see where that is., then determine the outer lip on the nuts to rim edge, ie you may be 7" outhow to measure here https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
chippa Slippery when dry Legacy Donating Member 368 Member For: 19y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: Foot Hills W.A Posted 04/07/11 11:50 AM Posted 04/07/11 11:50 AM Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to offsets for front and rears for 18" rims.....so a stocker 17" x 8" has a 36.5 offset how much grace do we have in relation to front struts etc???The way I'm looking at it is with an 8.5" width rim with the same offset (36.5) your going to end up with another 6mm or so closer to the strut is this correct??I'm thinking 18x8.5 +35 and 18x9.5 +40 but if I'm way off the mark let me know...Any input aprreciated....
AirStrike Legacy Donating Member 387 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Gender: Male Posted 04/07/11 12:24 PM Posted 04/07/11 12:24 PM Would be good to have a thread with no comments just images along with wheel make, size, offset tyre size and if lowered to what height. Just to have a visual log of how the different setups would look. Find it hard to get my head around it all sometimes!
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/07/11 02:45 PM Posted 04/07/11 02:45 PM Fitted up my FR19's to my FGFronts are 19x9 and rears 19x10' respectively. Rear tyres are 275/30 ..and with SSSL kings have no clearance issues. Sit flush with the guard.Now its the offsets Im not sure of. But Ill measure them up if any ones interested.I was previously running the FR,s at 8.5 and 9.5.. and thanks to a certain wheel whore with a black XR8 on this forum ...I was left wondering.. what if ?!?!? So I did and am extremely pleased with the results..Maybe Tochi can figure out the offsets ???just saw this.. glad you like it :Dlooking at 19x9 +30and 19x10 +30
mummba Member 525 Member For: 16y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 07/07/11 10:13 AM Posted 07/07/11 10:13 AM I have 19x8.5+20 on the front and sits just in line with the guard, would love 19x9+25 and some added camber haha
JET50T Legacy Donating Member 152 Member For: 15y 6m 22d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 12/07/11 11:43 AM Posted 12/07/11 11:43 AM work emotion XT7's 18x9.5 +30 ... 265/35/R18 tyresfront is 18x8.5 +25, but I fitted a rear on the front to see how it looked, and it looked good.my street rims are 19x10 +10 and 19x10.5 +23 Tocchi can you please tell me more about your street rims? Or post up any photos you have. I'm looking at a set of wheels which I know I can get in offset/size which will fit with no dramas (19x8.5 +34 and either 19x9.5 +34 or +22). However I'm after something a bit more aggressive (flush look with a bit of stretch). Just wonder if you had any clearance issues with these wheels? I know FG sedan quarters are now bonded together around the wheel arch as opposed to a pinch weld with spot welds so im also unsure as to pumping the guards without causing damage. Im looking at 19x9.5 in the front in either +12 or +22 and rear 19x10.5 +22. Any help or photos that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/07/11 11:53 AM Posted 12/07/11 11:53 AM I think my build thread has the images, but I think here has the most up to date photoshttp://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11243471&page=14depends you interpretation of clearance issues, as in my books "rubbing's racing" haha. I've got a lot of suspension work done to match my fitment. I have my front guards rolled, and that's it, rears arent.it doesnt catch the guards etc. quite streetable.. lol
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 18d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/07/11 11:58 AM Posted 12/07/11 11:58 AM Tocchi read your post on AFF about the neutral limiter/2step. Does rob know the wiring changes that need to be made to get it to work correctly?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now