Help Deciding Wheel Offsets

RynoF6

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 7d

Was all go for the work 02c wheels then the supplier after checking with the factory tells me the wheel got discontinued last week.

Now going for the BBS CH black wheels in 8.5/9.5 +35, Redrilled pcd. Cant wait as the dark argents and tires are smashed up that bad my car is undrivable.

Edited by RynoF6

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 9d

Fitted up my FR19's to my FG

Fronts are 19x9 and rears 19x10' respectively. Rear tyres are 275/30 ..and with SSSL kings have no clearance issues. Sit flush with the guard.

Now its the offsets Im not sure of. But Ill measure them up if any ones interested.

I was previously running the FR,s at 8.5 and 9.5.. and thanks to a certain wheel whore with a black XR8 on this forum :dontknow: ...I was left wondering.. what if ?!?!? So I did and am extremely pleased with the results..

Maybe Tochi can figure out the offsets ???

• Member For: 12y 10m 27d

Best way is to measure your backspace, should give you an idea of where the wheel will sit. From the backspace you will get the offset.

So your 8.5 -9" rim will give you 6" backspace, which gives you the +32 and 25 offsets.

Measure out 6" from your hub and see where that is., then determine the outer lip on the nuts to rim edge, ie you may be 7" out

how to measure here https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • Slippery when dry
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 16d

Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to offsets for front and rears for 18" rims.....so a stocker 17" x 8" has a 36.5 offset how much grace do we have in relation to front struts etc???

The way I'm looking at it is with an 8.5" width rim with the same offset (36.5) your going to end up with another 6mm or so closer to the strut is this correct??

I'm thinking 18x8.5 +35 and 18x9.5 +40 but if I'm way off the mark let me know...

Any input aprreciated.... :VB Beer:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 6d

Would be good to have a thread with no comments just images along with wheel make, size, offset tyre size and if lowered to what height. Just to have a visual log of how the different setups would look. Find it hard to get my head around it all sometimes! :dontknow:

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 3d

Fitted up my FR19's to my FG

Fronts are 19x9 and rears 19x10' respectively. Rear tyres are 275/30 ..and with SSSL kings have no clearance issues. Sit flush with the guard.

Now its the offsets Im not sure of. But Ill measure them up if any ones interested.

I was previously running the FR,s at 8.5 and 9.5.. and thanks to a certain wheel whore with a black XR8 on this forum :dontknow: ...I was left wondering.. what if ?!?!? So I did and am extremely pleased with the results..

Maybe Tochi can figure out the offsets ???

just saw this.. glad you like it :D

looking at 19x9 +30

and 19x10 +30

:)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 9d

work emotion XT7's 18x9.5 +30 ... 265/35/R18 tyres

front is 18x8.5 +25, but I fitted a rear on the front to see how it looked, and it looked good.

my street rims are 19x10 +10 and 19x10.5 +23

Tocchi can you please tell me more about your street rims? Or post up any photos you have. I'm looking at a set of wheels which I know I can get in offset/size which will fit with no dramas (19x8.5 +34 and either 19x9.5 +34 or +22). However I'm after something a bit more aggressive (flush look with a bit of stretch). Just wonder if you had any clearance issues with these wheels? I know FG sedan quarters are now bonded together around the wheel arch as opposed to a pinch weld with spot welds so im also unsure as to pumping the guards without causing damage. Im looking at 19x9.5 in the front in either +12 or +22 and rear 19x10.5 +22. Any help or photos that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 3d

I think my build thread has the images, but I think here has the most up to date photos

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11243471&page=14

depends you interpretation of clearance issues, as in my books "rubbing's racing" haha.

I've got a lot of suspension work done to match my fitment. I have my front guards rolled, and that's it, rears arent.

it doesnt catch the guards etc. quite streetable.. lol