Lof818 Member 54 Member For: 16y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Bribie island Posted 25/04/11 04:01 AM Posted 25/04/11 04:01 AM hey I have a ba xr6 turbo pushing 360kws just put a new gear box in it and new spark plugs and coils ngk plugs and factory coils it was running fine for the first week now when ever I put my foot down it has a spazz and backfires in till I let my foot off then go again would this mean I need to get after market coils for it or whats the go if some one can help please..
will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 13d Location: sydney Posted 25/04/11 05:46 AM Posted 25/04/11 05:46 AM Have you turned the traction control off, cause one of it's ways of controlling wheels spin is to cut the spark
Lof818 Member 54 Member For: 16y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Bribie island Posted 25/04/11 07:07 PM Author Posted 25/04/11 07:07 PM ya I have done that still the same ...its only in first gear (auto) when its under alot of load
cobramad Member 824 Member For: 21y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 26/04/11 12:31 AM Posted 26/04/11 12:31 AM Make sure the plug gap is no more than 0.8mm before doing anything else.. Just a thought..
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 26/04/11 01:21 PM Posted 26/04/11 01:21 PM Well if you have traction control off and it still does that - I'd go back to your tuner and have it checked out. Should be fine with traction control off as there should be nothing cutting anything to your engine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now