LazyBrennan Legacy Donating Member 683 Member For: 15y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages. Posted 25/04/11 08:22 AM Author Posted 25/04/11 08:22 AM How do LEXANI tyres go? Found some for 125 each. Thought for that cheap if they can get me out of trouble for the mean time and they still have a decent amount of grip I will just get them. Keep them for 3 months and then burn them off and get some really good ones.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 25/04/11 08:36 AM Posted 25/04/11 08:36 AM Well if I get these ones off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-Kumho-Ecsta-KU31-245-35-R18-92Y-Tyre-/290528509772?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a4d93f4cThere only a Load Rating: 92 (630kg/tyre)Doesn't it have to be 93 or more?That because you need a 245/40/18 not a 35 profile. A 40 series 18 will have a load rating greater than 93.
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 25/04/11 09:33 AM Posted 25/04/11 09:33 AM Well I will be buggered. Yet the 235 18 40 is a 95Y. http://advancetyres.com.au/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=35&TreeId=5&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=90
LazyBrennan Legacy Donating Member 683 Member For: 15y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages. Posted 25/04/11 11:07 AM Author Posted 25/04/11 11:07 AM That because you need a 245/40/18 not a 35 profile. A 40 series 18 will have a load rating greater than 93.Ah ok I get it. Is that the same with all tyres? if there a 40 profile they will all be above 93? Anything lower and no insurance. I dont want any lower any way.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 26/04/11 08:07 AM Posted 26/04/11 08:07 AM That's because they are the wrong size bud!You need 245/40/18, not 245/35/18... 35 series will be for a smaller car, hence the lower load rating ie. A focus...
LazyBrennan Legacy Donating Member 683 Member For: 15y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages. Posted 26/04/11 10:39 AM Author Posted 26/04/11 10:39 AM That's because they are the wrong size bud!You need 245/40/18, not 245/35/18... 35 series will be for a smaller car, hence the lower load rating ie. A focus...haha yeah I noticed that after my last post haha. I sent that guy a message about ku31 in 245/40/18 he is finding out for me tomorrow
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 2m 26d Gender: Male Posted 27/04/11 04:47 AM Posted 27/04/11 04:47 AM You bought a performance car and are now going to put rubbish tyres on it? Good way to end up in a ditch.Stay away from the cheap tyres and stick with the name brands.You can get 245/40/18 Kumho KU31's for $170 a tyre fitted and balanced from Tempe tyres who should also be able to ship them to where ever you are for not much money.
LazyBrennan Legacy Donating Member 683 Member For: 15y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages. Posted 27/04/11 01:45 PM Author Posted 27/04/11 01:45 PM Jesus! When I rang bob jane they wanted 340 for each tyre of the kumo ku 31's. I am getting some decent tyres now. Had the same thought. Cheap tyres on a performance car is a good way to end in a ditch... Even if I only have them for 2 months.
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 2m 26d Gender: Male Posted 27/04/11 10:50 PM Posted 27/04/11 10:50 PM The 340 could be the run flat version of the tyre, there is two of them...
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 28/04/11 04:42 AM Posted 28/04/11 04:42 AM Jesus! When I rang bob jane they wanted 340 for each tyre of the kumo ku 31's. I am getting some decent tyres now. Had the same thought. Cheap tyres on a performance car is a good way to end in a ditch... Even if I only have them for 2 months.Wait till you have to buy them in 19" x 275 and have to replace them four times a year.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now