Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

How would the Achilles compare to the nexons? Im thinking of buying some tyres off ebay. Any one done this before? I found fedderal 595 245/40 for about 180 delivered each. That seems pretty cheap. Any opinions on fedderal?

Remember it will cost $20 each for fitting and balancing. What price for the achilles at tech9. Maybe just go the nexen. I think the 595 are good. It doesnt matter what tyre I have on they last less than 5000ks

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

I have 4x maxxis MA-V1's on now. They seem like a good tyre, Just haven't worn evenly. There directional tyres so I guess I will have to have a look see if I can get away with getting 2 for now.

The only reason I consider the Federals is cause there so expensive in shops so for the same price as buying new nexons I could have better tyres buying from ebay.

The plan is I just need decent enough grip for now with the car being stock. In about 6 months time if all goes to plan im getting a tune and a few more mods so then I will invest in some good wide tyres. Thinking 275's will be enough.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Remember it will cost $20 each for fitting and balancing. What price for the achilles at tech9. Maybe just go the nexen. I think the 595 are good. It doesnt matter what tyre I have on they last less than 5000ks

Dam haha. What ever you do for work get me a job haha :P Look forward to seeing your f6 on a cruise if you go to many events in W.A?

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

Anything you get will be better than the MA-V1 - they feather like crazy. I bought 4 x 275/30/20 achilles for $880 delivered to my door. Dont forget you need min 9.5 inch rim for a 275

Edited by arronm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
  • UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

I think you need a load rating of at least 93 for these cars,in case you have a stack for insurance sake.. :dontknow:

Guest XR09
  • Guests
Posted

Yes 93. I had the 5000's on and they got pretty noisy when half way worn. KU31's are down to the depth indicator and still sound the same.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

So if I got those Kumos I wouldn't be covered by insurance cause there only 92?

I like the look of the federals only thing is that photo makes them look like they have nothing on the side of the tyres.

Guest XR09
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

Who told you that ??

Kumho KU31 Ecsta SPT. 275 x ZR19 x 30 96Y.

Kumho KU31 Ecsta SPT. 245 x ZR19 x 35 93Y

That's what is written on the side of mine. Sa fact.

Edited by XR09
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Well if I get these ones off ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-Kumho-Ecsta-KU31-245-35-R18-92Y-Tyre-/290528509772?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a4d93f4c

There only a Load Rating: 92 (630kg/tyre)

Doesn't it have to be 93 or more?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...