eXtreme Member 149 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Location: Geelong, Australia Posted 11/11/03 08:29 AM Posted 11/11/03 08:29 AM Hey Guys,Well I thought this would be the right place to put this, it is about the new Expensive Daewoo Crewman advertisment.When he chains it to the ground and accelarates he goes forward, hence the chains face forward, yet the ute extends backwards which I find rather odd, once writing an email to Holden, they said they try to put as much research into the advertisments before they go to air but they missed that bit, lol.Anywho, just thought I would leave that with you guys to ponder over next time you see the stupid advertisment!Paul
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 11/11/03 09:01 AM Posted 11/11/03 09:01 AM Hey Guys,Well I thought this would be the right place to put this, it is about the new Expensive Daewoo Crewman advertisment.When he chains it to the ground and accelarates he goes forward, hence the chains face forward, yet the ute extends backwards which I find rather odd, once writing an email to Holden, they said they try to put as much research into the advertisments before they go to air but they missed that bit, lol.Anywho, just thought I would leave that with you guys to ponder over next time you see the stupid advertisment!Paul Yeh, I'd been thinking about that too. The conclusion I came to, was that the apes that buy them wouldn't have noticed THAT !!
eXtreme Member 149 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Location: Geelong, Australia Posted 11/11/03 09:16 AM Author Posted 11/11/03 09:16 AM Heh, so true, I just had to mention it.Paul
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 11/11/03 01:01 PM Posted 11/11/03 01:01 PM Hey Guys,Well I thought this would be the right place to put this, it is about the new Expensive Daewoo Crewman advertisment.When he chains it to the ground and accelarates he goes forward, hence the chains face forward, yet the ute extends backwards which I find rather odd, once writing an email to Holden, they said they try to put as much research into the advertisments before they go to air but they missed that bit, lol.Anywho, just thought I would leave that with you guys to ponder over next time you see the stupid advertisment!Paul It's a little unclear to me what you mean here and I haven't paid that much attention to this add. Do you mean that the chains are attached to the front of the ute?
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 11/11/03 10:47 PM Posted 11/11/03 10:47 PM Yes bluexr6turbo,they are. It's ok though let 'em have some fun. They either need dirt or rain to spin the wheels.Scotty
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/11/03 11:32 PM Posted 11/11/03 11:32 PM I'll make one thing clear, I'm a ford fan, I love em to bits! But if there is one area where Expensive Daewoo out does ford everytime it's in their TV ads, holdens are so much better than the ford ones. I was very interested to see the GT ad but was dissappointed when I did, like all the ford ads (except maybe the original XR6T ad with the Merc silver sedan) it doesn't give anything to get excited about, the boom gate lets the GT through big deal! And Expensive Daewoo has the theme of the young person growing up thoughout their ads with more excitment. Ford may have the better car but Expensive Daewoo do a better job of promoting the commodore.Just one nuts opinion
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 12/11/03 07:28 AM Posted 12/11/03 07:28 AM I'll make one thing clear, I'm a ford fan, I love em to bits! But if there is one area where Expensive Daewoo out does ford everytime it's in their TV ads, holdens are so much better than the ford ones. I was very interested to see the GT ad but was dissappointed when I did, like all the ford ads (except maybe the original XR6T ad with the Merc silver sedan) it doesn't give anything to get excited about, the boom gate lets the GT through big deal! And Expensive Daewoo has the theme of the young person growing up thoughout their ads with more excitment. Ford may have the better car but Expensive Daewoo do a better job of promoting the commodore.Just one nuts opinion That "Boom gate" is also a phalic symbol. :o Think about it next time you see the ad.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 12/11/03 01:49 PM Posted 12/11/03 01:49 PM I reckon one of the best car adds was the "V8 Symphony" add for HSV a few years ago. Just a pitty that it advertised Holdens.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Posted 12/11/03 10:45 PM Posted 12/11/03 10:45 PM yep ... I always thought there was something strange about the ad ... the fact that the whole ad is total nonsense is only coincidence :o :lol:
Guest Butzy Guests Posted 13/11/03 10:24 AM Posted 13/11/03 10:24 AM When I first saw the ad I just laughed, but really it is just a simple idea and it has gotten peoples attention.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now